Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus (No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church)
It must be a trial to be a loyal orthodox no nonsense priest or bishop and see all these modernist bishops or priests around them.
Shoot, it's a trial just to be a Catholic. 

Luckily, it's not a kangaroo court, and justus est judex.
These contradictions to an outsider would quickly suppress any willful attempt at believing this 'Catholic Faith'. Likewise, these contradictions are what cause many who once believed to question the so called divine inspiration of the so-called vicars of Christ and successors of the apostles. After long, plentiful and meaningful searching, the Faith that people once thought to be Christian, inspired, Divine and Traditional have turned out to be nothing but a psuedo-theology. Basically either the Church is not Christs Mystical Body, or else the church of Vatican II is not Christ's Church. To attempt to reconcile Tradition to the Theology of VII will lead to utter failure.
(05-10-2012, 04:38 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 12:54 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: I thought that the meaning of this doctrine was that there is no salvation outside the Church for those who have been instructed in the truth, and understand it, and then choose to ignore it.

That is the meaning as taught in the NO catechism however, in order for that meaning to hold any weight whatsoever, it is no longer a defined Dogma of the Catholic Church - per the CCC, the NO church has reduced it to what it is now - a mere affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers. Additionally, in order to assure ambiguity to the point of making EENS a useless affirmation while they were at it, they reformulated the "affirmation" positively - as if that is even possible, but that is what they did to the dogma.

So as it stands, only those are damned who know that outside the Catholic Church there is no salvation - all others are better off as ignoramuses

LOL. I have had that thought before. I'm sure it is in the NO Catechism.

But, believe it or not I have seen it in a Missal from 1938. Father Stedman's Sunday Missal from the Fraternity of the Most Precious Blood.