Speculation on the 3rd Secret of Fatima
(05-10-2012, 01:09 AM)onosurf Wrote: The origins of the St. Michael Prayer is telling, and a must read...

snippet:

OCTOBER 13 1884 - POPE LEO XIII

Pope Leo XIII was  just finishing Mass.  As he turned to walk away from the Tabernacle, he collapsed. Those present were afraid for his life, thinking he was dead. When he came to, he shared what he had experienced in a vision.  (This event precursed by 33 years - to the day - the sun dancing in the heavens at Fatima.)

THE VISION

He heard noise in front of the Tabernacle. It was a confrontation between Jesus and Satan. Satan told Jesus if given time and enough power, he would destroy the Church. Jesus asked in return, 'How much time and how much power?' Satan's reply was 75 to 100 years and more influence over those who would follow him.  The Holy Father said he heard Jesus say "So be it."  And the 20th century was given to Satan as a time of testing.

See the full story here

http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/2_LeoXIII.pdf

Perhaps, that wasn't the best website to pull from...I only read the first page before posting.  As far as I know, the first page is spot.  It does go into Sede stuff, which I'm not aligned with.
I have heard that the one hundred years started in 1910, 1920, 1930, and even as late as 1960.  With the way things have gone in history, I tend to feel that the one hundred years started on May 09, 1960...That is when "The Pill" was approved for use in artificial contraception in the US by the Food Drug Administration.  Look how far WE and the world has come since then, and we still have 48 years to go?  I pray that we have gone past the one hundred years, but I fear we are only just past half way through the time satan was given to destroy the church.  We cannot specualte on that because we will be doing the protty thing of dating the end of the world.  I do not believe the Mayan calander as I think they just ran out of stone to chisel on to guess what the future held for mankind.  I look to the Mercy of God in the things of tomorrow and every da after that.  We need to pray about that and we need to change the only lives we can---our own and lovingly correct the error of others and pray for the whole world.  Rosary and Mercy three times a day or four times if you can in addition to your morning and evening and you bed time prayers and examinations.  Pray for me as I pray for you all daily.  In Christ.   

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :monstrance:
So why the vision in 1884 then?  Anyone Pope Leo warned as a child then was almost dead by 1960.

I am more inclined to believe that the Church is full of people who like these sorts of visions and prophecies. Stuff gets exaggerated or wholly made up.

People like us then believe it and construct our theories.

Fact is that a lot of prophecies are bunk and they are forgotten about.  I remember in the 1980s and 1990s a lot of Trads getting their knickers in a twist about a prophecy of Don Bosco that said that the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart and Sacred Heart would happen in 19 blank blank.  Apparently Don Bosco saw that date in a vision. 19 _ _

And don't get me started on Garabandal and three more Popes before the end of the times.

What we do know beyond reasonable doubt is that there is a cover up over the Fatima secret and if they are hiding it, it is either because it is scary as heck or dead wrong and they don't want to be laughed at.
'In Portugal the dogma of the Faith will always be preserved'

Is from Lucia's memoirs and may be the first line of the undisclosed secret.

My take on "in Portugal" is that the Dogma was preserved and that the bishops got together and consecrated Portugal to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and experiencend a revival of catholic faith unparalleled in their history. Also how could the Spanish civil war and WW II completely bypass their little country? When 1960 came and went without the vatican releasing the 3rd secret then Portugal became like all other places and began to lose the faith.
Two things:
1/ Benedict XVI knows what is in the 3rd Secret since he has read it since years. But he too has read the Akita's messages (apparitions approved by the Church) with that stunning comment: "Akita and Fatima are ESSENTIALLY the same".
So it is very easy to understand that there are apocalyptic words that our Lady confided Sr Agnes Sasagawa which one cannot find nowhere in the unveiled part of the 3rd Secret. Obviously these words ARE those of the 3rd Secret's hidden part.
Oddly enough, few people are caring about Akita's apparitions while much speculating about Medjugorje.
2/ Certainly the 100 years left to the Devil to destroy the Church have a beginning (and an end) like the exactly 100 years spent between the Paray-Le-Monial apparitions (1689) and the demise of the monarchy in France (1789).
Our Lady reminded to Sr Lucy regarding the Consecration of Russia in the same way (..."Make it known to My ministers, given that they follow the example of the King of France in delaying the execution of My requests, they will follow him into misfortune"...)
My hypothesis is that the 100 years have begun in 1917 and they will end in 2017.
The date is most likely 1917, or 1929. The first is the time Our Lady mentions the Consecration, and the second is when Our Lord warned of the consequences for the Clerics. I'm inclined for the end date as 2017 because of my age, and continuing feeling I've had that I'll be allowed to be a  witness to it, whichever is the outcome.

tim
(05-10-2012, 08:08 AM)Tim Wrote: The date is most likely 1917, or 1929. The first is the time Our Lady mentions the Consecration, and the second is when Our Lord warned of the consequences for the Clerics. I'm inclined for the end date as 2017 because of my age, and continuing feeling I've had that I'll be allowed to be a  witness to it, whichever is the outcome.

tim

Just rambling thoughts

1917 - Fatima
        - Balfour Declaration
        - British take Jerusalem
        - WWI ends
        - Russian Rev. begins

2017 - Downfall of the A.C.
        - Triumph of the Immaculate Heart
        - Peter the Roman and the Great King begin
What does A.C. stand for ?
(05-10-2012, 08:17 AM)Don Quixote Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 08:08 AM)Tim Wrote: The date is most likely 1917, or 1929. The first is the time Our Lady mentions the Consecration, and the second is when Our Lord warned of the consequences for the Clerics. I'm inclined for the end date as 2017 because of my age, and continuing feeling I've had that I'll be allowed to be a  witness to it, whichever is the outcome.

tim

Just rambling thoughts

1917 - Fatima
        - Balfour Declaration
        - British take Jerusalem
        - WWI ends
        - Russian Rev. begins

2017 - Downfall of the A.C.
        - Triumph of the Immaculate Heart
        - Peter the Roman and the Great King begin

Actually, World War I ended on November 11, 1918, though 1917 was the year the US entered the war and Russia withdrew.

Eugenio Pacelli, the future Pope Pius XII, was consecrated Archbishop on May 13, 1917  by Pope Benedict XV.
We have no idea what the DOGMA is that will be preserved in Portugal. As for the comment that the prediction was false would contradict Sister Lucia's life long comitment to truth, remember she wouldn't budge from the truth even when she was told her cousins were boiling in water back in 1917 by that communist guy in charge of the Fatima area. She also was shown to be truthful when she ahead of time predicted the October 13th 1917 Miracle of the Sun. This secret was supposed to be revealed in 1960 at the latest and Blessed Pope John 23rd said the secret was not for his time,so it must have happened since 1960 or will happen in the future. The way the Vatican has played games with not just the secret but the yet not done consecration of Russia is revealing in itself. If it was a false vision the modernists in the church would have shouted it from the housetops and would have mocked the consecration but they have not done so. I'm also worried about those who were in charge of the supposed writings of Sister Lucia in her later years, they seem to not be as reliable as those who had access to the seer from the earlier decades.