proof from logic alone of the immortal nature of the human soul
(05-12-2012, 07:02 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: I wonder if I'm expecting too much. The blurb on the back of the book I'm reading says
Quote:(the book College Apologetics carries) the reader through a series of logic gates that begin with the proof of the existence of God and follow logically through ... Not only is the book's logic ironclad...

Maybe this blurb is a bit over the top. What do you think?

I know this question was not addressed to me, but it caught my eye, because I have that same book, and remember seeing that blurb on the cover. It sounds over the top to me -- I mean, if the logic is really that ironclad, it should be a simple matter to convert the whole world to Catholicism in short order. So either it's not ironclad, or it's so subtle that most people won't get it -- or most people are so obstinate that they don't even try to get it. In any case, I would be curious to hear your reaction after you've finished the book. I haven't read it yet, and won't get to it for a while (I'm reading other stuff right now).

Messages In This Thread
Re: proof from logic alone of the immortal nature of the human soul - by Grasshopper - 05-12-2012, 07:32 PM