proof from logic alone of the immortal nature of the human soul
(05-12-2012, 09:11 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 08:44 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: But what about my earlier question about the claim in the book that the human soul must be immortal because it has no parts? Do you know how to explain that to me?

That just means that the soul is not material, but a form.  And forms do not die.

Well, an animal, and a plant has a soul too, but these souls die. How come?

(05-12-2012, 09:13 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 09:04 PM)yablabo Wrote: This is some of the strangest philosophy that I've ever seen, I think.  Are people here equating the number four to a substantial form which would inform primal matter??  The number four is an accident of quantity.  Unity is substantial, quantity of unity is accidental.  So, how again is four a substantial form?

Also, I am really interested now, what IS the certain evidence found in nature that man's soul is immortal?

-- Nicole

It's all in Plato.  What ARE they teaching children in school these days?  :P

Parmandur, since you're clearly not a sophist, much less a 'base' one, I'm looking forward to your elaborating on 'It's all in Plato'!  :hello!:

Messages In This Thread
Re: proof from logic alone of the immortal nature of the human soul - by per_passionem_eius - 05-12-2012, 09:40 PM