May 13 - 95th Anniversary of Fatima -- 3rd Secret is not all revealed

What is the relationship of the Russian Orthodox with Rome now,  I heard they may be moving towards reconciliation with the Holy See?
I know in the past they felt insulted by the idea of the Consecration.

But what about China which may be a bigger threat to the world than Russia.
In my opinion the Russian Orthodox will only be in union with Rome when the consecration of Russia is done by the Popes and the Bishops in union with him.
(05-12-2012, 05:44 PM)salus Wrote: In my opinion the Russian Orthodox will only be in union with Rome when the consecration of Russia is done by the Popes and the Bishops in union with him.

Yeah I agree.  A few days after John Paul II consecrated the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary in 1982 in an article in L’Osservatore Romano, the Pope explained why he had failed to mention Russia specifically, saying he had "tried to do everything possible in the concrete circumstances." This was widely interpreted to mean that he could not violate the terms of the Vatican’s continuing policy of appeasing Russia.

In 1984 when John Paul II again consecrated the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary in a departure from his prepared text, he asked Our Lady of Fatima to "enlighten especially the peoples of which You Yourself are awaiting our consecration and confiding." The Pope thus publicly acknowledged that the consecration requested by Our Lady had still not been performed. These words were included in an official report of the event in L’Osservatore Romano on March 26, 1984. A similar report appeared the next day in the Italian bishops’ newspaper Avvenire, describing the Pope praying in St. Peter’s several hours after the consecration ceremony, asking Our Lady to bless "those peoples for whom You Yourself are awaiting our act of consecration and entrusting."

This appeasing Russia was mentioned in Father Paul Kramer's book The Devil's Final Battle.  He referred to it as ospolitic or something like that where the Vatican made a deal with the Russian Orthodox to attend VII if the Vatican would lighten up on Russia.

I think Pope Benedict wants to do the proper consecration now but I don't think he has the support of his cardinals and bishops regarding it.  I forget where I read it now (maybe in Socci's book) but I read Pope Benedict feels like he is surrounded by wolves.

I like the suggestion in the fictional book called Russian Sunrise by Bruce Walters where the Pope demands that all the bishops take part in the consecration or else they'll be excommunicated.  The fictional book also says all the bishops were video and audio taped during the consecration and all those tapes were gone over by one of the Pope's close officials to makes sure they did it properly.  Obviously the fictional book had a good outcome. 
I found a ray of hope when listening to an interview with E. Michael Jones and Brother Nathaniel on Jones' audio at his site. It was about Brother Nathaniel getting a nativity scene in his town in Colorado. Jones popped in and the conversation slid to Brother Nathaniel and his Orthodox Faith, and in there he said he knew that his Patriarch was working toward reunion with Rome and it made him very happy.  Just a glimmer but I liked it.
The SSPX, the Russian Orthodox, and the trad Anglicans, it's like we're getting the old band together. No more euro-techno-pop, we'll be laying down those old roots music again.

tim
(05-13-2012, 08:09 AM)Tim Wrote: I found a ray of hope when listening to an interview with E. Michael Jones and Brother Nathaniel on Jones' audio at his site. It was about Brother Nathaniel getting a nativity scene in his town in Colorado. Jones popped in and the conversation slid to Brother Nathaniel and his Orthodox Faith, and in there he said he knew that his Patriarch was working toward reunion with Rome and it made him very happy.  Just a glimmer but I liked it.
The SSPX, the Russian Orthodox, and the trad Anglicans, it's like we're getting the old band together. No more euro-techno-pop, we'll be laying down those old roots music again.

tim

Tim,

Do you have a link for this? I would love to hear it. I sure other Fish would too. Have a great day..

H
it's called "The annual nativity scene battle". it's in four parts.

You'll have to scroll down to see it.

tim

I tried to fix the link. I can't seem to do it right. It's culture wars podcasts if you google it.

tim
I do not feel a great need to ponder this question because what Our Lady revealed to the children and to us is enough to keep us occupied.  What most takes hole of my heart is that "souls are falling into hell like snowflakes".  This is what gets to me.  And this is because there is no one to pray and do penance for them.  The world is drowning in filth, sin, and preversion and many souls are in terrible eternal danger. We all know a chastisement will infallibly come...we do not need any more confirmations on that. But what we need to do is heed Our Lady's words and to pray the rosary, live a strong sacramental life, and pray for souls.  We need to see to our sanctification today and let tomorrow, in some sense at least, take care of itself.  And trust in Our Lord and Our Lady to give us the grace to face whatever may happen to us in our lives.
(05-12-2012, 04:31 PM)richness of tradition Wrote: What is the relationship of the Russian Orthodox with Rome now,  I heard they may be moving towards reconciliation with the Holy See?
I know in the past they felt insulted by the idea of the Consecration.

But what about China which may be a bigger threat to the world than Russia.

This was pure disinformation from The Anti-Fatima's agents in the Vatican and it has been taken as a pretext to postpone the Consecration of Russia forever.
I read years ago an interesting article of Mrs Cathy Pearson in the excellent magazine Inside the Vatican "Now is the time" (for the Consecration)
http://www.renewamerica.com/images/colum...abbott.pdf
Mrs Pearson claimed that far from being considered as an offense by the Orthodoxs, the Consecration would be welcome because they venerate the Mother of Christ in a much more fervent manner than the catholics.
Indeed in WHAT would they be offended? Pls let me know.
(05-13-2012, 08:09 AM)Tim Wrote: I found a ray of hope when listening to an interview with E. Michael Jones and Brother Nathaniel on Jones' audio at his site. It was about Brother Nathaniel getting a nativity scene in his town in Colorado. Jones popped in and the conversation slid to Brother Nathaniel and his Orthodox Faith, and in there he said he knew that his Patriarch was working toward reunion with Rome and it made him very happy.  Just a glimmer but I liked it.

tim

Well that's good news.  It can be viewed from here with Windows Media Player.  There's lots of other E. Michael Jones programs there too.
'Brother Nathanael Kapner on The Annual Nativity Scene Battle: Part 1, 2, 3, 4 (December 2010)'
http://www.culturewars.com/Podcasts.html
Thanks, guys.