ORthodox perspective of Traditionalist Catholics
(05-12-2012, 11:23 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: Silouan makes excellent points, IMHO.

We trads have a problem in reconciling all traditions, including obedience to a Pope who doesn't care enough about tradition.

I don't agree with him 100%, but this is not an issue to be dismissed.

This is the point of the OP. The reconciliation of modern popes to their predecessors teachings. I do not 100% agree with the short article either. And from this we see in the responses, a division between those:

1) Who follow the modern popes entirely believing them to have not in any way departed from Tradition whether directly or indirectly. Likewise they take VII in the 'light of tradition'. They claim themselves Catholic.

2) Groups like the SSPX who take a middle ground following the Popes of the modern age as though they have not departed from Tradition, but reject the papal approved VII teachings which they consider as departing from tradition. They claim themselves Catholic.

3) Sedevacantists who reject modern popes and VII, who they say have departed from Tradition. They claim themselves Catholic.

4) Orthodox who reject Papacy since Photian schism and filioque. They consider themselves Catholic (in the sense of being THE church of Christ)

Basically the point of this post, the OP, and my recent verbal diarrhea has been to find out which of the above options are the CHURCH.

Messages In This Thread
Re: ORthodox perspective of Traditionalist Catholics - by UnamSanctam - 05-13-2012, 04:12 PM