The Second Vatican Council is Poison from Hell
God is always in control. So much so that we cannot comprehend or realize it.
(05-12-2012, 09:56 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: God is always in control. So much so that we cannot comprehend or realize it.

Indeed.

Isaias 45:7 Wrote:"I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things."
(05-12-2012, 10:50 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Isaias 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things."

I don't understand this? Huh?
Neither do I, and one of a Calvinist or Augustinian bent of mind would tell us, "You don't need to.  Run along, and just keep running."

Such people do not believe in a distinction between permittivity and activity in the will of God.
(05-13-2012, 12:32 AM)Might_4_Right Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 10:50 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Isaias 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things."

I don't understand this? Huh?

The commentary indicates the 'evil' the Prophet speaks of is the punishments and afflictions, not the sin itself.  I think this verse is a rather strong defense of the omnipotence of God when approaching pagans, and a good assistant in the converting of atheists.
Well Zakhur, looks like you've been drinking the KoolAid around here for too long.  Might I suggest that you leave for a while, get breath of fresh air and get a couple doses of reality before deciding to come back?
If you're referring to my thread in the Confield, maybe you ave a point.  Just be assured I'm on the fence completely about that.

If you're referring to THIS thread...

Oh my gosh...

Koolaid....?!

READ!!!  LEARN!!!

THAT COUNCIL WAS REVOLUTIONARY TO THE CORE!

You think I arrived at this conclusion from reading post on this forum?! LOL

I read far more books than that, sir. Eye-roll
(05-12-2012, 08:37 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: That Vatican II is a moral and theological compromise with modernity is beyond any reasonable doubt.

If the documents themselves were prone to dubious interpretation, the post-conciliar magisterium has cleared all doubts and realised the rupture intended.

I agree, but God allowed this for some greater good.

Also, I still believe in the Petrine Promise. I think Pope Pius X could have produced a syllabus of errors for the Vatican II documents and wrenched a clearly orthodox interpretation out of them. I think Pope Pius XIII may yet do that before the end.
So what is said here is that the Holy Spirit has abandoned the Church?

Nonsense!

We know the terrible interpretations that came from the documents--and I have them and have read most of them--but of themselves they are NOT evil.

The Holy Father in union with the Bishops make up THE MAGISTERIUM AND  IT IS NOT FROM HELL!

I know there are some 'more Catholic than the Pope' but that is a figment of the imagination.  There is only ONE holy Catholic and Apostolic Church and it is led by the Vicar of Christ, the Pope. For those who denigrate the Church and the Holy Father--this is NOT pleasing to God. This is pharisee-ism to a great degree.  There are many former Catholics who separate themselves from Rome and they are all called Protestants.  Some call themselves the 'true church' and so on but they are not and never will be.

The sort of attitude expressed by the title of this thread is a dangerous one.
Magdelene,

It is not theoreticaly impossible for a Church council to be taken over by evil forces and perverted.  It has happened before Vatican II.  Other councils have been subsequently anathematized.

Many people in the episcopacy and theologians and canonists believe that when Achille Lienart turned off the microphone with which Card. Ottaviani (the Prefect of the Holy Office himself) was attempting to persuade the council fathers to NOT throw out the carefully prepared schemata for the council's documents (which they then proceeded to continue doing anyway), this very act canonically invalidated all further proceedings.

That happened in the first session.

There was laughter from many of the bishops when his microphone was turned off...

The Prefect of the Holy Office himself was defied and mocked...  do you have any idea what that implies about the so-called "holiness" of this council?

Do you have any idea?

Please read the history of this demonic event.  If you ever do, you will see it was not from God.