The Second Vatican Council is Poison from Hell
(05-13-2012, 12:52 AM)kingtheoden Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 12:32 AM)Might_4_Right Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 10:50 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Isaias 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things."

I don't understand this? Huh?

The commentary indicates the 'evil' the Prophet speaks of is the punishments and afflictions, not the sin itself.  I think this verse is a rather strong defense of the omnipotence of God when approaching pagans, and a good assistant in the converting of atheists.

Exactly.

God is in control of everything. Nothing can exist apart from His will, positive or permissive.
It was not from God, but God allowed it.  There is a reason for it, although we may not ever understand it, God wouldn't have allowed this evil to occur "just 'cuz".  Maybe it's to separate the wheat from the tares.  I don't know.  But the fact remains, nothing happens without God's consent.

ETA: hehe, Vetus beat me to it!
(05-13-2012, 12:32 AM)Might_4_Right Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 10:50 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Isaias 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things."

I don't understand this? Huh?

The interlinear Hebrew text suggests that the word historically translated evil is better understood as calamity--i.e., God sends woes, plagues, disasters, etc. to punish the wicked and to strengthen the good.

http://interlinearbible.org/isaiah/45-7.htm
(05-13-2012, 10:58 AM)Zakhur Wrote: If you're referring to my thread in the Confield, maybe you ave a point.  Just be assured I'm on the fence completely about that.

If you're referring to THIS thread...

Oh my gosh...

Koolaid....?!

READ!!!  LEARN!!!

THAT COUNCIL WAS REVOLUTIONARY TO THE CORE!

You think I arrived at this conclusion from reading post on this forum?! LOL

I read far more books than that, sir. Eye-roll

I enjoy your sense of humor and humility here. I'm sure you have read many books about the subject. Here is a recommendation for you and everyone else. It is not about the council per se, but it is about the modern mind. In fact, it is called Makers of the Modern Mind by Thomas P. Neill.

Very interesting little book that explains much. In other words, how we got here from there. You and others may find it of interest. Should be available at your local library or their extended network as well. Here is a link in PDF, Kindle, text, etc.

http://archive.org/details/makersofthemoder000916mbp
Adam Wayne

Thanks for the link to 'Makers of the Modern Mind' its very interesting.

Luke
(05-13-2012, 02:46 PM)miner_luke Wrote: Adam Wayne

Thanks for the link to 'Makers of the Modern Mind' its very interesting.

I second that.
Long past time to burn the Cornfield down...right down to the ground!  Shooting Two guns, one for each o' ya Chainsaw Rolling Pin
(05-13-2012, 12:01 PM)Zakhur Wrote: Magdelene,

It is not theoreticaly impossible for a Church council to be taken over by evil forces and perverted.  It has happened before Vatican II.  Other councils have been subsequently anathematized.

Many people in the episcopacy and theologians and canonists believe that when Achille Lienart turned off the microphone with which Card. Ottaviani (the Prefect of the Holy Office himself) was attempting to persuade the council fathers to NOT throw out the carefully prepared schemata for the council's documents (which they then proceeded to continue doing anyway), this very act canonically invalidated all further proceedings.

That happened in the first session.

There was laughter from many of the bishops when his microphone was turned off...

The Prefect of the Holy Office himself was defied and mocked...  do you have any idea what that implies about the so-called "holiness" of this council?

Do you have any idea?

Please read the history of this demonic event.  If you ever do, you will see it was not from God.

The Cardinal Achille Lienart was the archbishop of Lille. He had been initiated in the freemasonry BEFORE he was ordained a priest. He abjured the freemasonry on his deathbed with these terrible words: "Humanly speaking, the Church is lost".
Oddly enough, Mgr Marcel Lefebvre himself was ordained a priest by the Cardinal Lienart thus triggering speculations about the validity of this ordination.
Thank you for the link, Adam Wayne.

This looks like an interesting book.
It is an ecumenical council called by, sanctioned and guided by the successor of Peter. As Catholics you must follow its infallible teachings. The 'pastoral' excuse is incompatible with the definition and purpose of an ecumenical council / general synod.