The Second Vatican Council is Poison from Hell
(05-13-2012, 12:34 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 12:52 AM)kingtheoden Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 12:32 AM)Might_4_Right Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 10:50 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Isaias 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things."

I don't understand this? Huh?

The commentary indicates the 'evil' the Prophet speaks of is the punishments and afflictions, not the sin itself.  I think this verse is a rather strong defense of the omnipotence of God when approaching pagans, and a good assistant in the converting of atheists.

Exactly.

God is in control of everything. Nothing can exist apart from His will, positive or permissive.

Also, from the Bible and the Haydock commentary: http://haydock1859.tripod.com/id152.html
"Haydock Bible" Wrote:Romans 8 Ver. 28. To them that love God, all things work together unto good. All trials, temptations, afflictions, must be taken as coming from the hand of God, who ordains or permits them for the greater good of his elect. --- For the good of those, who, according to his purpose[5] are called the saints.

What consolation in these times.
(05-13-2012, 04:22 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: It is an ecumenical council called by, sanctioned and guided by the successor of Peter. As Catholics you must follow its infallible teachings. The 'pastoral' excuse is incompatible with the definition and purpose of an ecumenical council / general synod.

Actually, the fact of its being a "pastoral" instead of a "dogmatic" council is important since its identity as such was officially declared and registered.

It is very fortunate for us all that Vatican II was the most legally scrupulous council in Church history.  That fact will be what saves the Church from obeying its teachings.

For it violated the canonical procedures that had been set up for the conduction of general councils prior to its own induction and is hence invalid.

The pope is not allowed by those canonical procedures to change them arbitrarily whenever and under whatever conditions he wants.

Furthermore, no Catholic is bound in conscience to follow ANY teaching on matters of faith or morality that disagrees with PREVIOUS teaching on matters of faith or morality.
This is a serious question:

I'd like to read the thread in the cornfield, how do i get in there?
I don't see it on the forum index...
(05-14-2012, 01:22 AM)DeWayne Wrote: This is a serious question:

I'd like to read the thread in the cornfield, how do i get in there?
I don't see it on the forum index...

Here you go:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...,66.0.html
Thanks for the link CP!
I apologize for the nature of this thread.

I don't feel it is my place to judge these matters with even a semblance of finality...  and I should never assume to do so...  please forgive me.

I'm especially sorry to user *Magdalene*

Whenever I engage in this sort of discussion... what I feel internally is a violation of prudence and some form of subtle pride on my part.  I have never been able to speak the way I have in this thread and many others without feeling this way internally.

Even if what I've said is spot on the mark objectively -- I still feel every time like I've overstepped certain moral boundaries.

In whatever way I have done wrong here, I apologize!
I happened across this link from Fr. Wathen's Who shall Ascend? published around 1992 I think. It's a good read on V2.
Here's a snip................

The Second Vatican Council

She is before your eyes; it is the Church. The Church is your hope, the Church is your salvation, she is your refuge. It is for this that Christ established it, after having paid the price of His Blood, for this that He confided His teaching and the precepts of His law, drawing forth at the same time the treasure of His grace for the sanctification and salvation of men. (St. John Chrysostom).

The reader is exhorted to keep this thought in mind: No matter what conclusions we come to here, what has happened to the Church has come about within the space of a quarter-century. All this has happened without the least genuine sign of alarm from the reigning pope or his men. All the while, we have been told that it was in the spirit of and according to the norms laid down by the Second Vatican Council. During his reign, Pope John Paul II has continued to exult over the fact that the Church is moving toward the great finale of the Third Millenium. It should be clear to the dullest mind that what has happened was intended all along, that the goals and visions of the Revolutionists who control the Church are very different from those of true Catholics, and have not the slightest reference to the glory of the most Blessed Trinity, the exultation of the Church, the salvation of her children, or the conversion of those wandering in sin and error without, the thought of whose peril causes the true Catholic to tremble and weep.