I've just watched this on television...
Speaking of these apostates, I never would have become a Catholic if it hadn't been for 3 things--fisheaters website, the SSPX video of the Solemn High Mass, and finding the independant chapel I go to. The only real contact I had to "official," "hierarchical" Catholicism I ever had until then was a complete joke. Even as an agnostic, ex-born-again, I could see that what they were presenting as Catholicism was a sham. Except at the time I thought it was Catholicism I was seeing. I didn't know then that it was apostasy.

It's clear that Grace is still operating in the world. Even with the institution spoutin heresy all over the world, there are still many conversions like mine--rosaries said by other people bringing down grace to convert people and prod them to seek Truth until they find it. I can tell you, in my case, the rosary was the key, the first mover that released grace.
(05-13-2012, 08:14 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 08:11 PM)JayneK Wrote: About how old is he?  I've heard that there is a pattern of the younger priests being more orthodox, while the heresy and heterodoxy tends to be among the older ones.  This is true in my limited experience, so I'm hoping for a "biological solution".

I don't know. He looks to be in his fifties or sixties at most.

But don't automatically assume that the younger generation is orthodox. They're not.

Around here, the 50 plus group is the age that I find typically is the worst.  Obviously, I don't know about Portugal.  I wouldn't say that all the younger ones are orthodox, but it does seem to be a growing trend.  Have you noticed anything like that?
(05-13-2012, 08:21 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 08:14 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 08:11 PM)JayneK Wrote: About how old is he?  I've heard that there is a pattern of the younger priests being more orthodox, while the heresy and heterodoxy tends to be among the older ones.  This is true in my limited experience, so I'm hoping for a "biological solution".

I don't know. He looks to be in his fifties or sixties at most.

But don't automatically assume that the younger generation is orthodox. They're not.

Around here, the 50 plus group is the age that I find typically is the worst.  Obviously, I don't know about Portugal.  I wouldn't say that all the younger ones are orthodox, but it does seem to be a growing trend.  Have you noticed anything like that?

I'll just say this: I believe that, humanly speaking, the Church of Portugal is utterly lost to any kind of orthodoxy. It's just sickening to listen to what most priests and bishops have to say. It's a pathetic religion of feelings and humanist dialogue.

Be it as it may, let God do His work.
(05-13-2012, 07:43 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: I'm positively sick and tired of these "priests" and "bishops" who are nothing but practical atheists.

It's revolting.

And you're young, Vetus. I was sick and tired of them forty years ago!
Just imagine how I feel! But I've had to quit watching a lot of this stuff. It's just too demoralizing.

C.
Hey, VO. Do you ever think on the fact that the doctine of faith in Portugal might include you? I'd think about it all of the time. The idea is really neat.
Hang on Vetus, this will not go on forever. God will not be mocked.

tim
(05-13-2012, 10:01 PM)GeorgeT Wrote: Hey, VO. Do you ever think on the fact that the doctine of faith in Portugal might include you? I'd think about it all of the time. The idea is really neat.
Well, It never said a majority in Portugal would hold the dogma of the faith. Just that it would remain, probably in the Pope Benedict's theory of the small pockets
of Catholicism in a sea of apostasy.
Vetus! Your thoughts sum up those of most faithful Catholics today. Not a pointless thread at all!

And while the modernist atheistic, heretic theologians are in "full communion" and continue poisoning the flock and vineyard of the Lord, those that adhere to unadulterated tradition are persecuted.

That's reality. It's incredibly depressing when you think about it.
Why did God grant Satan's prideful boast that if given a century with power he will destroy His Church?   God, in His omniscience, of course already knew what the outcome would be but given that man has free will, God allows him to be put to a test every now and then.  Though this 100 years of total ruin of the divine institution is merely private revelation and the Church has not, to my knowledge, given it ecclesial sanction, I accept it as "worthy of belief."  We have seen since the reign of Pope Leo XIII that the Catholic Church has been devastated in overwhelming and indescribable proportions, particularly in faith and morals.

When God puts man into a test He confounds him (throws him into confusion).  A man of faith will find himself out of this mess and remain faithful and persevere, while a man of little faith will be disordered (disoriented).  We can find how God used confusion in the Scriptures:  the Tower of Babel, the Israelites who wandered for forty years, etc.  Is there any difference in today's religious climate?  Also I need to add that the gift of the Holy Ghost that we have received -- Fear of the Lord -- is taken away, and we know that this gift is the beginning of the gift of Wisdom.  So we see all around us Prelates and clergy, religious, et al., bereft of wisdom because they no longer have a fear of God.

To be in perfect union with the will of God we should always invoke this prayer:  "In thee, O Lord, have I hoped, let me never be confounded: deliver me in thy justice." (Psalm 30:2)   I find this a good way to keep us from being put into confusion.  By the way, this was on the lips of St. Francis Xavier on his deathbed.

Vetus, good thing I wasn't watching that program, or I wouldn't have a TV set right now.  Righteous anger?  I hope the priest you wrote to will see some light in his errors, but I doubt it because once infected with Modernism, there is no antibiotic yet discovered for its cure.
(05-13-2012, 11:08 PM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote: And while the modernist atheistic, heretic theologians are in "full communion" and continue poisoning the flock and vineyard of the Lord, those that adhere to unadulterated tradition are persecuted.

Well, pertinacious, formal heresy automatically removes anyone from a Church. Also, it is especially difficult for a cleric to claim ignorance.