I've just watched this on television...
It will take another hundred years (or more) to clean up the mess.  That is why we need the SSPX inside the Church.  I can't see the resistance of those three other bishops who can't see the light that Rome will not convert and return to Tradition by her own volition or have the faculty of conscious intention to do so, and would rather "wait and see" for a miracle wrought by God.  Thank goodness for Bp. Fellay's perspicacity and astute insight to see the other way.  The modernists have to be bodily and spiritually kicked out of the Church and this can only be done from the inside.  I have the confidence that the so-called [i]indultists[/i] (FSSP, ICK, et al.) will rally behind the SSPX once emboldened by their return and help in the cleaning.  There is no other way.  And I believe that once the SSPX returns those trads who choose to remain outside will have the doors of the Church closed to them forever.  They should know better that Christ is still in charge and pouring out graces for this to happen.  Again, just saying ...
(05-14-2012, 02:13 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 11:08 PM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote: And while the modernist atheistic, heretic theologians are in "full communion" and continue poisoning the flock and vineyard of the Lord, those that adhere to unadulterated tradition are persecuted.

Well, pertinacious, formal heresy automatically removes anyone from a Church. Also, it is especially difficult for a cleric to claim ignorance.

Oh yes I know that, but I mean, in the "public eye" so to speak.

LOL
You know the idea that Vetus Ordo is the last of a remnant in Portugal isn't far fetched. If there is but one it is till the Church. Fe is a sort of the same kind.

tim
Even if I were the last Catholic left on Portugal, which is too ridiculous a proposition to even contemplate, you couldn't say that the Church had survived here because I'm not a bishop.
Cheer up Vetus, you'll soon be in "full" communion with this apostate.

Full communion with everyone who enters the Church of many colours.
(05-15-2012, 01:37 PM)ggreg Wrote: Cheer up Vetus, you'll soon be in "full" communion with this apostate.

I'll never be in communion, full or otherwise, with people like him.
(05-15-2012, 01:37 PM)ggreg Wrote: Cheer up Vetus, you'll soon be in "full" communion with this apostate.

But there is already an invisible communion between all religions.  Eye-roll
(05-13-2012, 08:14 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 08:11 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 08:05 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: He's not a mere theology professor at a university, although it's a reputed one, he's also a priest in good standing with the Church.

And he's not alone. There are dozens like him. I've met a few myself.

About how old is he?  I've heard that there is a pattern of the younger priests being more orthodox, while the heresy and heterodoxy tends to be among the older ones.  This is true in my limited experience, so I'm hoping for a "biological solution".

I don't know. He looks to be in his fifties or sixties at most.

But don't automatically assume that the younger generation is orthodox. They're not.

I know many young Dominican priests and seminarians in the Western Province of the United States.  The young dudes are fire-breathing orthodox.
Much as I like Vetus, saying that he's the fulfillment of the Fatima prophecy is pretty lame. The Virgin might as well have said that the dogma of the faith will always persist in Indonesia because there's technically one trad Catholic in the entire country.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy because the odds of at least one trad in any given country are statistically probable.
(05-15-2012, 03:48 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: Much as I like Vetus, saying that he's the fulfillment of the Fatima prophecy is pretty lame.

And incredibly presumptuous.

Quote:The Virgin might as well have said that the dogma of the faith will always persist in Indonesia because there's technically one trad Catholic in the entire country.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy because the odds of at least one trad in any given country are statistically probable.

If the "dogma of the faith" persisting in a country only means there'll be one person left with the faith, it's not much of a big deal anyway. It's statistically irrelevant, not to mention impossible if that given person is not a bishop.