Cardinal Archbishop Wants His Seminary Run by the SSPX
(05-16-2012, 06:52 PM)tmw89 Wrote:
(05-16-2012, 06:46 PM)Parmandur Wrote: Oh, of course.  Far worse.  Nothing more subversive than putting the Society in charge of priestly formation.  That just takes the wind out of their sails.  :sobstory:

Not just any kind of priestly formation - DIOCESAN priestly formation.  Under the jurisdiction of a diocesan bishop.  I understand Ranjith has been "Trad-friendly," but if taking the man up on his offer entails SSPX teaching seminarians how to say the NO "reverently," then I'd count that as subversion.

But somewhat to your credit, it is rather early to start prophesying doom and gloom... too early to start singing praises on the matter, either, if you ask me... it's yet another instance of "Wait And See."

Exactly.  We just have to wait and see.  Perhaps in a few weeks it will be much easier to tell what is going on.  As for now I give + Fellay the benefit of the doubt - and so too the Pope.  I am leery about the situation just because I don't trust modern "Rome," but there is just too much that we don't know as of yet.  Perhaps the Pope is finally starting to realize that the conciliar religion that he is also the head of must be completely erradicated for true Catholicism to take over once again  -  or perhaps this is just all one big elaborate trap.  Time will tell.
My first thought was that he is making a statement to sway his comrades in the Vatican, and offer the olive branch to the SSPX. While he may be serious, I think of this more as a letter of recommendation to the other Cardinals, and an ol' welcome wagon to each side to reacquaint one another. But it shows that certainly the tone has totally changed. And that's very noteworthy.
Yea... the good bishop of going to invite the bloody SSPX into his seminaries to teach the Novus Ordo.

Some of you people are simply idiots.
Even though this is good news a single seminary in Sri Lanka (not necessarily a hotbed of Catholicism) would really isolate the SSPX, now if they were offered St. John's Seminary in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.that would start the ball rolling.
(05-16-2012, 08:27 PM)salus Wrote: Even though this is good news a single seminary in Sri Lanka (not necessarily a hotbed of Catholicism) would really isolate the SSPX, now if they were offered St. John's Seminary in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.that would start the ball rolling.

Good luck with that.
(05-16-2012, 08:17 PM)City Smurf Wrote: Yea... the good bishop of going to invite the bloody SSPX into his seminaries to teach the Novus Ordo.

Some of you people are simply idiots.

Well SOMEBODY sounds just nice and pleasant across the pond tonight!
Do the SSPX have enough professors to staff another seminary, I'm sure they will still be manning their own seminaries.
(05-16-2012, 07:00 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(05-16-2012, 06:54 PM)ggreg Wrote:
(05-16-2012, 06:41 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(05-16-2012, 06:38 PM)tmw89 Wrote:
(05-16-2012, 06:34 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Or, what if it's just for liturgy, and not doctrine?

I don't think that it's far fetched for trads to have apprehensions.

If it IS just for liturgy, that'd be a tad funny, as I think we both know the SSPX track record for strictly liturgical study and practicum (God bless them!)

(05-16-2012, 06:34 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(05-16-2012, 06:30 PM)tmw89 Wrote:
(05-16-2012, 06:27 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(05-16-2012, 06:23 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:
(05-16-2012, 06:18 PM)OldMan Wrote: OK. Sounds nice. But what if graduates don't want to be trads and want to go N.O. ? Also, the SSPX is supposed to "train" seminarians to be N.O. presiders? This needs to be thought through, people.

Good point.

Not really.  Managing to see the bad in this story is nigh on despair.

No, there's a point to be made - SSPX come in, and Ranjith has them teach Aquinas and all that good stuff - but what of liturgical studies?  Will the SSPX have to teach seminarians how to say the NO "reverently"??  What at first appears as good news transforms into... a possible attempt to subvert Traditionalists.

OOOoooookay.  So, Cardinal wants SSPX to run major Archdiocesan Seminary.  Secret plan to destroy SSPX.  Got it.   :possess:

Yah, sounds even more outlandish than a plot to supplant a liturgy in place for centuries with one concocted by a committee that - oh wait, nevermind.

:LOL:

Some people will never be happy, even if the Church abrogated the NO and canonized ++Lefebvre.  It would still all be a Modernist trick to subvert the Third Secret of Fatima, etc, etc, etc...

Let's try. I bet I would be pretty happy.

Hey, I'm game.  :grin:

That would spin my happy wheels. :thumb:
(05-16-2012, 06:58 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(05-16-2012, 06:46 PM)Parmandur Wrote: Oh, of course.  Far worse.  Nothing more subversive than putting the Society in charge of priestly formation.  That just takes the wind out of their sails.  :sobstory:

Not just any kind of priestly formation - DIOCESAN priestly formation.  Under the jurisdiction of a diocesan bishop.  I understand Ranjith has been "Trad-friendly," but if taking the man up on his offer entails SSPX teaching seminarians how to say the NO "reverently," then I'd count that as subversion.

But somewhat to your credit, it is rather early to start prophesying doom and gloom... too early to start singing praises on the matter, either, if you ask me... it's yet another instance of "Wait And See."

You have a point, this is not the end itself.  But my goodness, could this have happened at all 10 years ago?

Nope. Won't happen ten years from now either!
(05-16-2012, 09:55 PM)OldMan Wrote:
(05-16-2012, 06:58 PM)Parmandur Wrote:

You have a point, this is not the end itself.  But my goodness, could this have happened at all 10 years ago?

Nope. Won't happen ten years from now either!

:eyeroll: