SSPX French Superior calls for forums to close until Pentecost for prayer
(05-17-2012, 04:58 PM)Tim Wrote: I had forgotten that picture of me in Russia, thanks Ggreg.

tim

:LOL:
(05-17-2012, 06:57 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Obey who? That is the question of our times...

That is the funny thing. The English people simply followed their bishops in rejecting Catholic Church. They followed Cranmer (their visible head) and Crowell to hell. With the exception of Bishop Fisher, Thomas Moore, some lawyer and some monks of Charterhouse, the great portion of the Church simply pray prayed obeyed. Where they right?
No.

We must be willing to die for the FAITH OF THE FATHERS.
(05-17-2012, 07:11 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(05-17-2012, 06:57 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Obey who? That is the question of our times...

That is the funny thing. The English people simply followed their bishops in rejecting Catholic Church. They followed Cranmer (their visible head) and Crowell to hell. With the exception of Bishop Fisher, Thomas Moore, some lawyer and some monks of Charterhouse, the great portion of the Church simply pray prayed obeyed. Where they right?
No.

Absolutely.
(05-17-2012, 07:12 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:

No.

Absolutely.

Sorry let me translate that to VII-fiendly speach:

They simply followed Cranmer and Cromwell to heaven by a different Faith, for we are all saved by relativism of conscience and grace which sometimes are working against Gods visible Church.
(05-17-2012, 05:29 PM)Gerard Wrote: Are the SSPX websites going to close along with the donations links? 

Excellent point.

No.

This actually isn't quite true. Duffy and Scarisbrick have both shown that there was actually much more popular resistance to the English Reformation than has been previously supposed. Don't buy into Whig history!
Guess the SSPX wants us to stick our collective heads in the sand and then pull them out when they say so. Fat chance. It's the "follow me or die" syndrome in action!
There is no way for this story to go back into the closet ,their are too many folks on both sides that have much to gain or lose by an agreement.
(05-17-2012, 07:40 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote:

No.

This actually isn't quite true. Duffy and Scarisbrick have both shown that there was actually much more popular resistance to the English Reformation than has been previously supposed. Don't buy into Whig history!

I don't doubt it. Though, in London, the center of politics and economics, these were the main opponents to oath of supremacy. I would assume the west and north country stayed predominately 'Catholic" for much longer. Look at Ireland for example. Belfast and Dublin were the main focuses of Scotch religious infiltration. Yet, wes counties stayed Catholic. My point was to illustrate that sometimes pray pray obey is not always best. More and Fisher obeyed the higher authority. Thank you.

Don't buy into Whig anything.  :)
(05-17-2012, 04:08 PM)damooster Wrote: Ignis Arden forum seems to be playing ball. If you visit the forum, it says "board offline" and displays a copy of Father's message.

As well they should. That place had the most hysteria. I could not believe what I was reading there. Talk about nervous creatures.  :colt:

In fact, I found it to be a danger to my soul.

I think this is good and serious advice by the French Superior. He obviously knows the rumor mill is not helping at all.

Truth is, we never even really know who may be writing or what their angle may be. Not everyone out there is sincere and dealing honestly.

And while I am not going to necessarily stop posting, I will stop participating in threads concerning the situation in question.

I think I will pray Tertia for the intentions of Bishop Fellay and Pope Benedict until the situation is resolved in one way or another. Seems the appropriate Hour.