SSPX French Superior calls for forums to close until Pentecost for prayer
(05-17-2012, 03:13 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: I guess if this happens we'll all go over to CAF and attend the daily NO. Candle light yoga flow and Taize during the consecration here I come!

## [size=10pt]Some of us have been banned from CAF, so that won't  happen :) [/size]
(05-18-2012, 12:35 AM)Leo Rugiens Wrote:
(05-17-2012, 03:13 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: I guess if this happens we'll all go over to CAF and attend the daily NO. Candle light yoga flow and Taize during the consecration here I come!

## [size=10pt]Some of us have been banned from CAF, so that won't  happen :) [/size]

I noticed the big smiley at the end.  You seem happy about it.  Badge of honor?
(05-18-2012, 12:38 AM)The Curt Jester Wrote:
(05-18-2012, 12:35 AM)Leo Rugiens Wrote:

I noticed the big smiley at the end.  You seem happy about it.  Badge of honor?

All the cool kids get banned from CAF.  Don't be jealous, Jester.  You can be banned too, just go over there and act like a Catholic.  That should do it.  :tiphat:
Rumors only devide people -- especially once people start sharing opinions based on assumptions, rumors, and leaked info that may or may not be true.

We should all pray that the Lord's will is done, no matter what that is.

That said, the wheels in my head can't stop turning, and I can't stop wondering what the significance of Pentacost is in this case.  :LOL:
(05-17-2012, 04:08 PM)damooster Wrote: Ignis Arden forum seems to be playing ball. If you visit the forum, it says "board offline" and displays a copy of Father's message.

It became a nest of vipers with all the sede propaganda !
(05-17-2012, 04:15 PM)JayneK Wrote: I attended Mass for Ascension at an SSPX chapel and the homily was about the Ascension. 

Was that your first Mass at an SSPX chapel, Jayne? I'd love to hear more about your impressions of it.
If an American NO bishop made the same pronouncement, do you think that CAF would have obeyed and shut down?

Have the SSPX ever mentioned Internet forums before in any of their public communications? They don't have any authority over them.
We ought to take the advice, and instead of making our wise pontifications here, say an extra rosary for their guidance in these tribulations. The Mother of God is the Mother of the Church.

tim
Maybe we can see the proof in this thread. This isn't "the SSPX", but one superior. And it isn't a command ("pay, pray, and obey"), but an "invitation". And anyone with a head of sense knows that in the run-up to the completion of the rosary crusade, which may well coincide with some decisions, that if we really wish God to be merciful on tradition, then we would need to turn to fervent prayer. It is a great practice on the way to holiness to trade one thing (even if licit and admirable) for a another higher thing. So during advent, one can fast, and use the money that would have been spent on the food for support of the poor. So Father seems to be saying, instead of spending lots of time in speculation, why not turn to prayer which will have the greatest impact on a positive decision for all involved. And he is right that we cannot "expect to find truth in the myriad of messages exchanged therein". There have been speculation after speculation. I have participated just as much as another. But, really, if we are honest with ourselves, there is no truth in the talk. We may be hashing out our thoughts and trying to come to an understanding on what may come. But some of us even pretend to know the inmost secrets and motives of people's thoughts. So if we really have an axe to grind, what better than prayer? I for one will respond to his request. Not because I think the topic's unworthy of discussion, or somehow bowing to a clerics browbeating over me. But because I do wish a positive result for all involved. I do wish mercy on the people of God. I do wish more honor and love of Christ. And I can see how ten days of prayer and (small) sacrifice can help this along. So, friends, after some replies in the next hour or so, I will accept the invitation, and close out the rosary crusade dedicating that "FE time" to prayer. It's been over a year since this crusade started! May Russia be consecrated as our Lady requested! Peace, my friends!!!

[Image: mary-magdalene-stoned-jesus.jpg]
(05-18-2012, 05:05 AM)Scotus Wrote:
(05-17-2012, 04:15 PM)JayneK Wrote: I attended Mass for Ascension at an SSPX chapel and the homily was about the Ascension. 

Was that your first Mass at an SSPX chapel, Jayne? I'd love to hear more about your impressions of it.

I've been going there for years, but just for weekdays.  So I don't often hear the homilies and it is a treat for me when I do.  It is always satisfying to hear sound doctrine, of course, but Fr. Scott just lights up when he preaches.  I find it very inspiring.

This is a chapel at an SSPX school, so I tend to be at Masses with the students. I have found it a good situation for someone who is fairly new to Tradition like myself.  Like the children, I am still learning.