other dimension for angels?
Reading some of the other threads around here, such as the aliens thread and location of satan thread, I got to wondering.  Now, most Christians, when thinking of angels, think of them as all up in heaven doing nothing but singing songs and playing the harp and such.  But then when I read what the Church says about angels, things like how they each have unique personalities, even names, and then all the "interventions" they make in history and our lives, it seems to me like they have their own "dimension," or world.  Think of it: humans have their own world, and but for our bodies, we would be like the angels in only having a spirit.  So why can't angels live in their own world as well, a spirit world of sorts, which would include heaven though of course, as the angels enjoy the beatific vision.
Well, the angels are oriented toward our world. Much of their role is to intervene here in order to carry out God's will. So, since they are so connected to our world, I am not sure if one could really say that they have their own world comparable to our own.

On the other hand, the Fathers seem to give more thought to the idea of there being both a material creation, which is our world, and a spiritual creation, which includes heaven, the angels, and the forms. This spiritual creation is focused on contemplating and worshipping God, but there is also a sort of mysterious link between it and the material creation, the two are always interacting and communicating with one another in occult ways, and on that level there might be some grounds for talking about the angels having their own "world" and so forth.
(05-18-2012, 04:59 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: Well, the angels are oriented toward our world. Much of their role is to intervene here in order to carry out God's will. So, since they are so connected to our world, I am not sure if one could really say that they have their own world comparable to our own.

On the other hand, the Fathers seem to give more thought to the idea of there being both a material creation, which is our world, and a spiritual creation, which includes heaven, the angels, and the forms. This spiritual creation is focused on contemplating and worshipping God, but there is also a sort of mysterious link between it and the material creation, the two are always interacting and communicating with one another in occult ways, and on that level there might be some grounds for talking about the angels having their own "world" and so forth.

This is what I'm thinking of.  It's just really amazing for me to realize that there is another "world" of spirits (angels) out there who are individuals with personalities.
Yes, I agree. It's an unfortunately neglected aspect of the Faith.