Thank you
(05-21-2012, 02:43 PM)Walty Wrote: Thank you for everything you do for this site and forum, Vox. I often wonder where I'd be without FE. When I watch my wife play with our daughter I'm often reminded of how lucky I am to have found this place. Your time and effort (which I'm sure have often felt unrewarded) have literally changed my life. I can't thank you enough for that.

And I hope we're all here, in whatever strange way the Internet exists, in another ten years.

I'll drink to that.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.

Vox,
I can't imagine a better single source of info than the home page..
www.fisheaters.com

Put together very, very well. Thank you for the work and time you did on it.
Vox, thank you for all you do. Your site was one important way that God reached out and brought me to the joy of living the traditional Catholic lifestyle and I've never been so at peace.

And I wouldn't "know" (you know what I mean) all these great people if it weren't for this site.

Here's to another ten years.
Thank you Vox! You brought a great resource of the faith and a place for this catholic So Cal gal to not feel soooo alone. Congrats on the new grandbaby!

Vox that was a great little history!
I found fisheaters when I was doing the same as you vox...I was on YAHOO LIVE CHAT catholicchat...and there would always be these protty numbskulls coming in....and Like you I would just archive AMMMO defending the faith and cut and paste quotes from the bible and others that would obliterate the protty naysayers... and your site was a GOLDMINE or should I say nuke powered armory!....when I found fisheaters...I was big into Traditio.com but was starting to find their ant-modernist rhetoric a bit hatefull...and not being able to find out who the ham was writing for that site... I left....and became a fishy addict from that point on
Question
Hey you mentioned becoming a grandmother (congrats of course ) but (unless I missed it which is VERY possible as I skim when I read and sometimes I skim off to la la land and miss sailient facts) but I didnt see you mentioning having kids. If thats to personal I understand...but I am curious.
Lova ya GAL GOD SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!
(07-18-2012, 08:24 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: Vox that was a great little history!
I found fisheaters when I was doing the same as you vox...I was on YAHOO LIVE CHAT catholicchat...and there would always be these protty numbskulls coming in....and Like you I would just archive AMMMO defending the faith and cut and paste quotes from the bible and others that would obliterate the protty naysayers... and your site was a GOLDMINE or should I say nuke powered armory!....

The main site is awesome and I hope the Fishies have read it all.  It takes a lot of time to read it all but the rewards are great.  In replying to posts, I often advise reading about the topic on the main FE site because it is a goldmine.  THANK YOU, VOX CLAMANTIS!!!

when I found fisheaters...I was big into Traditio.com but was starting to find their ant-modernist rhetoric a bit hatefull...

Just a bit hateful?    :LOL:

and not being able to find out who the ham was writing for that site... I left....and became a fishy addict from that point on
Question
Hey you mentioned becoming a grandmother (congrats of course ) but (unless I missed it which is VERY possible as I skim when I read and sometimes I skim off to la la land and miss sailient facts) but I didnt see you mentioning having kids.

Well, voxpop, first you have kids, obviously, and you talk about them a lot, as you can see here with the parents of young children.  Then they grow up and people would think it weird if you talked about your adult kids much, not to mention that the 'kids' deserve their privacy.  Several of us have adult children but rarely if ever mention them.  I know Vox mentioned her child at least once.

But when you have grandchildren, you have young children to talk about again.  You can talk about them before they're born, too, just like parents do.  A few Fishies have grandchildren.  You could do a poll to find out how many are grandparents and/or parents, could be more than I'm aware of.

Congratulations Vox Clamantis!

If thats to personal I understand...but I am curious.
Lova ya GAL GOD SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!