Theologian Says Cardinal Burke Is Wrong
(05-23-2012, 06:34 PM)GloriaPatri Wrote: Haha ok. I was a little confused for a second. If Cardinal Burke passes for a liberal then the Church is in a whole lot of trouble lol  :LOL:

:LOL:
Ron Conte isn't a theologian; he's a theological dilettante.
(05-22-2012, 01:49 PM)JMartyr Wrote: Cardinal Burke says that employers who provide insurance coverage that includes abortion, contraception, etc., are not only participating materially but also formally as well. Robert Conte,Jr., disagrees.
http://ronconte.wordpress.com/2012/04/15...-coverage/

## If that counts as formal co-operation, then a lot of bishops have co-operated formally in child molestation. Since they will never prosecuted by Rome, Rome will become a party to their crime. Burke's anti-Obama zeal will end by destroying the Papacy.
(05-23-2012, 04:58 PM)MRose Wrote: Ron Conte the theologian? He is no more theologian than I am, what with his bachelor's degree. Though he has a website after his own name, which I do not.

Yeah, I thought you had to have completed graduate level theology courses to call yourself a theologian?  But what do I know?
Ron has predicted the end of the world more times than Pedro.

Difficult to take the man seriously.
(05-26-2012, 11:39 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(05-23-2012, 04:58 PM)MRose Wrote: Ron Conte the theologian? He is no more theologian than I am, what with his bachelor's degree. Though he has a website after his own name, which I do not.

Yeah, I thought you had to have completed graduate level theology courses to call yourself a theologian?  But what do I know?

I cannot answer you, sir, for I am not a theologian.