Modernist Fr. Robert Barron placed in charge of Chicago Seminary
Exactly Gerard. The forces are aligning, and any priests with even a whiff of orthodoxy must be gone. This is coming from the top, Lucifer, and it matters little if his minnions realize or not who is giving the orders. They love novelty and can't wait for more.

tim
Strange that Cardinal George would be appointing a new seminary rector when his replacement is imminent . They usually wait for their successor to change rectors, vicar-generals and chancellors.
(05-24-2012, 12:21 PM)Old Salt Wrote: Could you please cite me a quote or reference to where Fr Barron denies the existence of Adam and Eve?
If so, there is no original sin.

It's around the six minute mark:

"Adam. Now, don't read it literally. We're not talking about a literal figure. We're talking in theological poetry. Adam: the first human being . . . "

Here's a whole article on it:

http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2011/09/f...m-was.html
When i hear a priest talking about doctrines as poetry and them not saying what they mean, i suspect he has lost his faith in the inerrancy of Scripture and Church Doctrine's and is going along to get along with the psuedo-intellectual's in the current catholic educational field. These guys don't want to be called Catholic fundamentalist's by believing things just as they say.
(05-24-2012, 12:43 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(05-24-2012, 12:21 PM)Old Salt Wrote: Could you please cite me a quote or reference to where Fr Barron denies the existence of Adam and Eve?
If so, there is no original sin.

It's around the six minute mark:

"Adam. Now, don't read it literally. We're not talking about a literal figure. We're talking in theological poetry. Adam: the first human being . . . "

Here's a whole article on it:

http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2011/09/f...m-was.html
Thank you.
Heterodoxy.

I want to write to Fr Barron about this but he never responded to my question about the Ascension
Sounds good to me. Cardinal George obviously wants to settle things before his succesor.

I think Gerard was hoping for Father Corapi to get the gig. Hmmmmm. Gerard has a problem with a priest that has a media prescence, unless of course he is Father Corapi.

Do you have any proof that men will be badly formed, Gerard? Or that worse priests will come out under his leadership?

You are beyond creepy.
(05-24-2012, 12:05 PM)Magdalene Wrote: Yes, Father Barron is a Novus Ordo priest but he is a good one.  We are watching "Catholicism" at my parish and I am finding it beautiful.  Yes, he has some quotes from some sources I would never use.  But he is certainly a step in the right direction from what has been the case at Mundelein.  Brick by brick and if he will be sensitive to the wishes of our Holy Father, he will introduce training for the Tridentine Mass at the seminary.

Father Barron is highly regarded and respected.  Let us hope the enemy does not bring him down as has happened with so many famous priests in these past years.

Good luck.

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/why...r-the-mass

An article by Fr. Barron on the new translation of the novus ordo wherein he begins by going out of his way to say this: "I would like to emphasize, at the outset, that this in no way represents a return to “the old Mass,” for the Latin texts that provide the basis for the new translation were all approved after Vatican II."
What does that prove, MRose. In what context was that said?
(05-24-2012, 12:51 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: Sounds good to me. Cardinal George obviously wants to settle things before his succesor.

I think Gerard was hoping for Father Corapi to get the gig. Hmmmmm. Gerard has a problem with a priest that has a media prescence, unless of course he is Father Corapi.

Do you have any proof that men will be badly formed, Gerard? Or that worse priests will come out under his leadership?

You are beyond creepy.

Talk about creepy.  You seem obsessed about me.  

I don't have a problem with any priest having media presence provided that he's not spouting heretical teaching.   Fr. Barron is no different than Richard McBrien in substance.  And that's where I criticize him, I don't make fun of his hair, his looks, his voice, what kind of car he drives, his gait or how much money he may be making off his books and videos.  I lament the damage he is doing to the faith of people.  

I happen to personally like Fr. Larry Richards and his work, but I don't like his trashing of "imperfect contrition" but that's a far cry from Fr. Barron's  denial of  Adam and Eve, the Ascension and his belief that sincere Atheists following their conscience will be saved in that state.  

It's those beliefs of Fr. Barron's that lead me to believe he will not be beneficial but rather an impediment to the formation of good priests.  

On hell, here is a heresy:

Go to 6:40 and listen.  We do not know that anyone is in hell.  Umm, how about Judas (Matthew 26:24), or how about Fatima?

He's orthodox compared to most of the N.O. priest, but liberal compared to faithful teaching.