Al Kresta Live
I was just listening to Al Kresta Live on EWTN, he had an interview with an author who wrote a biography of Dietrich Boenhoffer  . He was apparently a great Christian martyr who led the fight in Germany against Adolf Hitler and they were canonizing. What i want to ask is Dietrich Boenhoffer (Who apparently heard of the Catholic Church) in heaven today for dying to defeat  Adolf Hitler?
(05-24-2012, 08:07 PM)Heinrich Wrote: .

This.
(05-24-2012, 06:54 PM)salus Wrote: I was just listening to Al Kresta Live on EWTN, he had an interview with an author who wrote a biography of Dietrich Boenhoffer  . He was apparently a great Christian martyr who led the fight in Germany against Adolf Hitler and they were canonizing. What i want to ask is Dietrich Boenhoffer (Who apparently heard of the Catholic Church) in heaven today for dying to defeat  Adolf Hitler?

Ask God. When you get an answer call the ADL. Either way I bet they would be interested.

BTW, you can't be a martyr if you don't die for the faith. No such thing as non-Catholic martyr.
(05-24-2012, 08:48 PM)DrBombay Wrote:

This.

And that.

This.

(05-24-2012, 10:40 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:

This.

:O
(05-24-2012, 06:54 PM)salus Wrote: I was just listening to Al Kresta Live on EWTN, he had an interview with an author who wrote a biography of Dietrich Boenhoffer  . He was apparently a great Christian martyr who led the fight in Germany against Adolf Hitler and they were canonizing. What i want to ask is Dietrich Boenhoffer (Who apparently heard of the Catholic Church) in heaven today for dying to defeat  Adolf Hitler?
I listened to it as well. 
Man, 1000 years will pass by and Hitler will still be topic of discussion.

The guy who wrote the bio stated that even the german cradle catholics of non-arian ancestry were killed. (specifically speaking about the jews)

That even if they were Catholic, to the blood-thirsty "nazis", that did not matter. (according to the biographer)

If my memory serves, many a jew received false baptismal certificates from the Church in an effort to help them avoid deportation.

Being Catholic did in fact, matter.

Oh, and Al Kresta at the end said, "let's pray for world peace."

I was outside a 7/11 chowing down a nice ham sandwich when he said that.

Shalom!

Only God knows.

I don't know the circumstances of this person's death in particular, but in general I don't find the proposition unreasonable that in most cases someone's willingness to die for Christ is evidence of that votum that allows an otherwise non-Catholic to belong to the Church.

On the other hand, I can also imagine a scenario where someone is so consumed with pride in a heresy, that they would willingly die for Christ, but would also prefer to die rather than ever admit under any circumstance that the Catholic Church was His Church.