Dalai Lama attends Pentecost Mass of Cardinal in Vienna
 At Catholic liturgy, the sanctuary is for those that serve a function and are Christians.  This is happening only because of Vatican II and particulary the actions of John Paul II and Benedict XVI.  There will be no censure of this.  

Joe
Τὰς θύρας, τὰς θύρας.

^ We need this.  And for people to actually do it.
Am I reading wrong, or does that say, "the doors, the doors"?  What on earth does that mean in this context?  I need a gloss on the text.
(05-28-2012, 10:02 PM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote: Am I reading wrong, or does that say, "the doors, the doors"?  What on earth does that mean in this context?  I need a gloss on the text.

Catechumens left the church at this point, but it also kept non-believers out during the most sacred part of the liturgy.

It's still announced in the Divine Liturgy.  Although I don't know if anyone actually goes to guard the doors.
I wonder if Tibetan Buddhists are outraged at their spiritual leader's ecumenism.
(05-28-2012, 07:14 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: He may be sitting in the choir stalls, but it's clear that he wasn't actually assisting in choro, as none of the other people sitting in the stalls are dressed to assit in choro. I know a lot of churches now just let anyone sit in the choir stalls during Mass, as assisting in choro has fallen out of fashion in the Novus Ordo with the advent of concelebration.

Right. He's not actually assisting "in choir", but I likewise would prefer that those stalls be reserved for clerics, chanters, and servers. He was probably just directed by someone to sit there, and he sat down.
(05-28-2012, 06:54 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what the problem is supposed to be here.

The opening post says the Dalai Lama was "robbed" and in choir.  That IS a problem.  Were the police called?  LOL.

(05-28-2012, 06:33 PM)Gillibrand Wrote: Pictures of the Dalai Lama, robbed and in choir :Hmm: :shame:
(05-28-2012, 06:55 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Relax people.

It's better than buddha statues upon the altar.

Yes.  

Needless scrupulosity.

As always people see things that are not really there.  I don't see what is syncretic (or even eclectic) about a Buddhist's interest in what takes place is a Catholic religious ceremony.  There is nothing here that appears to blend two religious systems into one (syncretism), is there?   It seems that the Dalai Lama is attracted by the way Catholics adore, having visited several Catholic shrines.  That may not be all.   Who knows but he might blend Christianity into his Buddhism and that would be syncretic on his part, not ours.

(05-28-2012, 10:08 PM)Graham Wrote: I wonder if Tibetan Buddhists are outraged at their spiritual leader's ecumenism.

In between getting raped and robbed by Red Chinese I believe they are moaning about it loudly on their forum Vegeaters.

The are slightly distracted, however, by a thread on the practicalities of long skirts when tugging their yak up and down mountains.

[Image: tibet-fashion-1.jpg]
He's the Anti-Merton  :P