Communion in the hand - DENIED!
(05-29-2012, 12:57 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(05-29-2012, 12:35 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Don't people have a "right" to communion in the hand? Benedict XVI himself gave the Queen of Spain communion in the hand.

No, the Queen of Spain (who is a bit off) "took" the host in her hand.

Let the picture speak for itself

[Image: 392_Sofia01.jpg]
(05-29-2012, 01:33 PM)jacobhalo Wrote:
(05-29-2012, 05:13 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Given that the Paris to Chartres pilgrimage is the Ecclesia Dei pilgrimage .......

why the hell was Communion in the hand ever an option?  I went on it 3 years ago and don't know why any 1962-Mass-going person would ever want to receive in the hand.

Weird.
     Actually, many centuries ago, communion was given in hand.  Supposedly, the host was place in the palm.  The communicant would pick up the host by his or her lips.

However, that practice was ended due to the fact that it was abused. People began to take the consecrated host home with them for someone who might be sick or simply didn't attend Mass but wanted to receive the Eucharist. We began the practice because our hierarchy, mostly Cardinal Bernardin of Chicago & a Cardinal in Ca.
( I think his name was Quinn) pushed it through. We received an indult that made CITH "Legal" in 1977, however......most of the country started permitting the practice in the 60's.By the 70's we were told that the practice was mandatory.
There is always a wiseguy in the crowd. This guy or lady who asked for communion in the hand knew damn well that traditionalist's recieve kneeling (if not injured) and on the tongue.
I was there (just got back) and may actually have met the guy who found himself in this situation.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, he was new to the TLM. He was also English, and the announcement was only made in French.
Aww, poor little fella.  I do feel for him, a bit.

But otherwise, booyah!
Also, from this video footage of the event, is she taking communion in the hand? No! Benedict XVI gave her communio in manu.

(05-29-2012, 08:10 PM)Martinus Wrote: I was there (just got back) and may actually have met the guy who found himself in this situation.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, he was new to the TLM. He was also English, and the announcement was only made in French.

So he wasn't a terrible person, just a new trad who didn't understand the announcement given only in French?

Many Fisheaters wlll be so disappointed if it was an innocent mistake.

Christian charity, guys -- ever heard of it?  Ever practice it?

(05-29-2012, 08:26 PM)Revixit Wrote: Christian charity, guys -- ever heard of it?   Ever practice it?

You're one to talk - this is you, commenting on FE:

(03-03-2012, 10:54 PM)Revixit Wrote: As Dr. Mumbai put it in another thread, we spend a lot of time "reading all these 20 something women hating habitual masturbators". 

Your concurrence with the Doc's statement at the time lacked something in the "Christian charity" department, so let's not play the "look at you guys, assuming the worst, blah blah blah" card, yes?
I'm just astounded because I can't think of any trads, even new trads, who would receive in the hand.

My parents, when visiting the TLM with me, will often receive on the tongue.  It's just whatcha do.  (They aren't traditionalists)
(05-29-2012, 08:13 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Also, from this video footage of the event, is she taking communion in the hand? No! Benedict XVI gave her communio in manu.

Oh please, what is the Pope going to do?  Slap her in the face and start a fight? It was her choice, and unfortunately communion in the hand is still permitted.  It should be officially banned immediately.