Maine bishop heading for Buffalo
Bishop Richard Malone will be taking over the Buffalo, NY Diocese, replacing the retiring Bishop Edward Kmiec, who turned 75 on June 4, 2011.

http://online.wsj.com/article/APc4432a85...67fc1.html

Is he any good?
lets just say that he will tolerate tradition if the price is right.
(05-29-2012, 06:14 PM)Josué Wrote: Is he any good?
I know of some liberal priests that don't like him in Maine, so..... :grin:
It's a huge promotion for Bishop Malone.
Maine has just ONE Diocese in the whole state, and Malone is moving on to a Diocese that has 635,000 Catholics in just 6,000 square miles.
Buffalo is not as Catholic as it once was , i believe Bishop Kmiec closed 80 parishes.The population of Buffalo has gone down hugely since the 1960s and this is not as important a diocese as it once was. Bishop Malone is a leftover from the Cardinal Law regime in Boston. He's orthodox but not as strongly as we like.
I've seen Bp. Malone quote Karl Rahner along with using phrases like Catholicism being the "fulness" the Faith as opposed to our "other" christian "brothers and sisters."  He even decided that the Diocese won't be actively assisting in the efforts against queer marriage this time around.  I'm glad he's leaving. 
(05-29-2012, 10:59 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote: Catholicism being the "fulness" the Faith as opposed to our "other" christian "brothers and sisters." 

Reminds me of that infamous modernist Leo XIII.
(05-29-2012, 06:58 PM)SaintAndrew Wrote:
(05-29-2012, 06:14 PM)Josué Wrote: Is he any good?
I know of some liberal priests that don't like him in Maine, so..... :grin:
It's a huge promotion for Bishop Malone.
Maine has just ONE Diocese in the whole state, and Malone is moving on to a Diocese that has 635,000 Catholics in just 6,000 square miles.

:pray: :salute: :salute: :thumb: go getem, tiger
FWIW, I visit Portland, ME because my son lives there. When there I attend Mass at the The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception. I do attend the OF which is the most reverent I've attended, before mass usually psalm chanted in Latin, Agnus Dei and Kyrie Eleison during Mass. At the Cathedral they had the EF, with confession and Rosary before Mass and Sunday night vespers. I always look forward to visiting my son and attending Mass in Maine.

I believe Peter the Rock is from that area and could provide more detailed information. Peter the Rock are you still out there?

From behind enemy lines in the RCAB,
Capt Crunch
(05-30-2012, 08:28 AM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: When there I attend Mass at the The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception. I do attend the OF which is the most reverent I've attended, before mass usually psalm chanted in Latin, Agnus Dei and Kyrie Eleison during Mass. At the Cathedral they had the EF, with confession and Rosary before Mass and Sunday night vespers.
This is true.