Maine bishop heading for Buffalo
Oh yeah, another thing. The diocese of Portland, ME is also under the RCAB, this move will likely be a good thing for Bishop Malone.

http://www.catholic-hierarchy.org/diocese/dbost.html
He isn't bad. We could do a lot worse. He does attend our EF confirmations which is a lot more than the Bishops before him have done. I could be wrong but I believe the decision not the fight sodomite marriages was a financial one. The diocese doesn't have any money...just last year the Cathedral school was closed and Maine has been hit hard by the depression so people don't have the money to give anymore. He said the focus this time was to be on educating Catholics and of course he had a lot of resistance from liberal priests. I wish he was stronger and used the word excommunicated to describe Catholics who support sodomite marriages and abortion...but those Bishops are few and far between. So, Bishop Malone isn't perfect...but there are worse ones out there.

I just hope and pray whoever replaces him is better then him and not a step backwards.
(05-30-2012, 01:48 PM)Petertherock Wrote: He isn't bad. We could do a lot worse. He does attend our EF confirmations which is a lot more than the Bishops before him have done. I could be wrong but I believe the decision not the fight sodomite marriages was a financial one. The diocese doesn't have any money...just last year the Cathedral school was closed and Maine has been hit hard by the depression so people don't have the money to give anymore. He said the focus this time was to be on educating Catholics and of course he had a lot of resistance from liberal priests. I wish he was stronger and used the word excommunicated to describe Catholics who support sodomite marriages and abortion...but those Bishops are few and far between. So, Bishop Malone isn't perfect...but there are worse ones out there.

I just hope and pray whoever replaces him is better then him and not a step backwards.
What you're saying essentially, is [i]NOT ANOTHER BISHOP GERRY[/i].  :grin:
How about not another Bishop Gerry and not another Bishop Gerety.  In any event, I agree with PTR about Bishop Malone.
(05-30-2012, 01:48 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I wish he was stronger and used the word excommunicated to describe Catholics who support sodomite marriages and abortion...but those Bishops are few and far between.

Yes, it is sad that there are so few Catholic Bishops out there....
(05-29-2012, 11:15 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote:
(05-29-2012, 10:59 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote: Catholicism being the "fulness" the Faith as opposed to our "other" christian "brothers and sisters." 

Reminds me of that infamous modernist Leo XIII.

I doubt Leo XIII spoke of these things in the context of the theology of Karl Rahner.  I also doubt he would have promoted Malone's mentor, the pervert peddling Cardinal Law. 

Also, I suggest you read Satis Cognitum if you think Leo XIII's view of fullness and unity aligns with Malone's.  I'm speaking as Catholic who lives in Maine and heard enough of Malone to know the difference.
(05-30-2012, 11:22 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 01:48 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I wish he was stronger and used the word excommunicated to describe Catholics who support sodomite marriages and abortion...but those Bishops are few and far between.

Yes, it is sad that there are so few Catholic Bishops out there....

Yes, but the question I have is Bishop Malone not speaking out against this because he doesn't have the spine or because the Diocese of Portland is a suffragan diocese of the Archdiocese of Boston. Cardinal O'Malley doesn't look to kindly on those that oppose modernism.

http://www.catholic-hierarchy.org/diocese/dbost.html
(05-30-2012, 11:29 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote:
(05-29-2012, 11:15 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote:
(05-29-2012, 10:59 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote: Catholicism being the "fulness" the Faith as opposed to our "other" christian "brothers and sisters." 

Reminds me of that infamous modernist Leo XIII.

I doubt Leo XIII spoke of these things in the context of the theology of Karl Rahner.  I also doubt he would have promoted Malone's mentor, the pervert peddling Cardinal Law. 

Also, I suggest you read Satis Cognitum if you think Leo XIII's view of fullness and unity aligns with Malone's.  I'm speaking as Catholic who lives in Maine and heard enough of Malone to know the difference.
Where in Maine are you?
I'm originally from Bar Harbor (as pagan as it gets).
I moved to southern Maine in 2001, and driving through Biddeford, Saco and Old Orchard Beach, I shook my head at the "weirdo French-Canadian Catholics with their Jesus and Mary statues in their yards."
In 2009, the French in Biddeford brought me into the Church at the age of 31.