Suggestions
A wonderful thread. I will definitely come back to this once I'm at home. Thank you, Tim!

Edit: Apparently the rest of the forum is in agreement with me.  :LOL:
(05-30-2012, 04:03 PM)TheQueenMother Wrote: A very good Irish priest (and dear friend of our family) introduced us to "St. Patrick's Breastplate", which he recites daily. I try to say it  every morning, along with several of the others already mentioned.
Here it is, for any who may be interested:

I love St. Patrick's Breastplate too.  I wrote a hub about it a couple of years ago and had to include two sung versions.  One by Moya Brennan in Gaelic and one by Angelina in English.  Both versions are beautiful.
http://make-money.hubpages.com/hub/Saint...reastplate 

Rita Connolly also sang it at the last Irish presidential inauguration... really lovely:
Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel
by Pope Leo XIII

O Glorious St. Michael the Archangel, Prince of the heavenly host, be our defense in the terrible warfare which we carry on against principalities and power, against the rulers of this world of darkness, spirits of evil.
Come to the aid of man, whom God created immortal, made in His own image and likeness and redeemed at a grate price from the tyranny of the devil. 

Fight this day the battle of the Lord, together with the holy angels, as already thou hast fought the leader of the proud angels, Lucifer, and his apostate host, who were powerless to resist thee, nor was there place for them any longer in Heaven.
That cruel, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil or Satan who seduces the whole world, was cast into the abyss with his angels.
Behold, this primeval enemy and slayer of men has taken courage.
Transformed into an angel of light, he wanders about with all the multitude of wicked spirits, invading the earth in order to blot out the name of God and of His Christ, to seize upon, slay, and cast into eternal perdition souls destined for the crown of eternal glory.
This wicked dragon pours out, as a most impure flood, the venom of his malice on men of depraved mind and corrupt heart, the spirit of lying, of impiety, of blasphemy and the pestilent breath of impurity, and of very vice and iniquity.

These most craft enemies have filled and inebriated with gall and bitterness the Church, the spouse of the immaculate Lamb, and have laid impious hands on her most sacred possessions.
In the Holy Place itself, where has been set up the See of the most holy Peter and the Chair of Truth for the light of the world, they have raised the throne of their abominable impiety, with the iniquitous design that when the Pastor has been struck, the sheep may be scattered.

Arise then, O invincible Prince, bring help against the attacks of the lost spirits to the people of God, and give them the victory.
They venerate thee as their protector and patron; in thee holy Church glories as her defense against the malicious power of hell; to thee has God entrusted the souls of men to be established in heavenly beatitude.
Oh, pray to the God of peace that He may put Satan under our feet, so far conquered that he may no longer be able to hold men in captivity and harm the Church.
Offer our prayers in the sight of the Most High, so that they may quickly conciliate the mercies of the Lord; and beating down the dragon, the ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, do though again make him captive in the abyss, that he may no longer seduce the nations. Amen.

V. Behold the Cross of the Lord; be scattered ye hostile powers.
R. The Lord of the tribe of Juda has conquered, the root of David.
V. Let thy mercies be upon us, O Lord.
R. As we have hoped in Thee.
V. O Lord, hear my prayer.
R. And let my cry come unto thee.

Let us pray.
O God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, we call upon Thy holy name, and as supplicants we implore Thy clemency, that by the intercession of Mary, ever Virgin Immaculate and our Mother, and of the glorious Archangel Saint Michael, thou wouldst deign to help us against Satan and all other unclean spirits, who wander about the world for thin injury of the human race and the ruin of souls. Amen.

(Leo XIII, Moto. Propio. Sept. 25, 1888. The Raccolta, 12th Edition, 1935 London, Burns, Oates and Washborune, Ltd.)
Our Lord told St. Gertrude that the following prayer would release 1000 souls from purgatory each time it is said. The prayer was extended to include living sinners as well.

"Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen."
Great thread Tim.
There are to many arguments over such trivial things, when we almost all agree on the real important things. It's time to battle. As St. Paul said," [11] Put you on the armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the deceits of the devil. [12] For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places. [13] Therefore take unto you the armour of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and to stand in all things perfect. [14] Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of justice, [15] And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace:"
Thank you for this.  I really needed to read this today. :)
This is the way I have followed for a while now (many years) but it was never like this since I was previously very lax and said my prayers as though more out of a habit, like taking a bath, than a way to bring myself closer to God.  The following is now more or less my "regimen" (call it what you may -- systematic way, regulated course) of daily prayer, not in typical order (as you may note what are Morning prayers and Evening prayers and prayers said during the course of the day, not following any order except for a few exceptions):  The Rosary, the Seven Sorrows Rosary, the Angelus (6 am, Noon, 6 pm), the 3 O'clock Prayer (silent meditation of the time Jesus actually died on the Cross), 15 Prayers of St. Bridget (can also be said as the Stations of the Cross), Daily Pilgrimage to Purgatory (in the company of the Sacred Heart visiting several regions of Purgatory), Spiritual Communions (as many as possible), Daily Consecration to Mary, and novenas if there are any and prayers to the angels and saints, as well as reading short histories of saints' lives.  As I mentioned earlier, I try to give 10% of my 24-hour day to God but the preceding doesn't even come close.  If only I could go to daily Mass, that would make up at least for what I intend to do but I am not able to. 

Do I follow this regimen "religiously"?  Yes but not to an extent of scrupulocity.  And yes, if I want to stay in a state of grace and keep the devil at bay.  Please understand that I mention all this not to make myself seen as trying to impress, and I would have held giving out this information (my privacy) but I figure perhaps all this might give insight to what the (my) interior life is about.  I don't even come close to what many others do (e.g., St. Pio of Pietrelcina said the Rosary at least 20 times a day and still have time for other things and duties; could I do that?  No.).

Yet, ironically, I find the time to go spend time to argue with others in the forum.  Shame!

EDIT to Add:  I forgot to mention that these are good in a salutary way but they are made more efficacious and pleasing to God when alms-giving is made a part of it all.  "The gates of heaven are opened by alms" (St. John Chrysostom, 32 in Ep. ad Heb.)  Alms-giving can be done in many various ways and it need not be of a gracious amount but only what one can offer and give that counts.
I forgot to tell you when you say the St. Thomas prayer at the elevation, do not say it aloud, say it in your mind.  Another easy devotion I made up is when I'm tempted, or remember a friend that has passed, or see someone in trouble, or any reason you'd like,even victims on the nightly news, I quickly say an Our Father, Haily Mary, Glory be, and the Fatima prayer O my Jesus.  You'd be surprised how many times a day you can do this, it becomes reflexive, it's as if you're a sniper laying in wait for the enemy. He doesn't stand a chance if we are at the ready.

tim
You should recognize these Tim:

My God, I believe, I adore, I hope, I love Thee!  I ask pardon for those who do not believe, nor adore, nor hope, nor love thee.

Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, I adore you profoundly!  I offer You the most precious Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for all the outrages committed against It; and by the infinite merits of His Sacred Heart, through the intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I pray for the conversion of poor sinners!