Suggestions
For all of us too busy from college students, to mothers with children, those home bound, and all in between, if you can't get to daily Mass there is a streaming one on line, besides EWTN. Fr. Fryar, offers it here;

http://www.christthekingsarasota.org/

Check the time for your zone, and there is an app, but I have no idea how that works, but you probably do.  It's about 35 minutes in the morning and you can do it in your pj's. One more thing this will not meet the Sunday Obligation.

tim
I know the fishies know but for the ones peering in here, go to the front page and read the bit on the brown scapulars. Get one and wear it, and make your daily offering, say your Office of the BVM, or get a Priest to allow you to say the rosary instead. You must get a priest to release you !

tim
(05-31-2012, 08:02 AM)James02 Wrote: You should recognize these Tim:

My God, I believe, I adore, I hope, I love Thee!  I ask pardon for those who do not believe, nor adore, nor hope, nor love thee.

Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, I adore you profoundly!  I offer You the most precious Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for all the outrages committed against It; and by the infinite merits of His Sacred Heart, through the intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I pray for the conversion of poor sinners!

My favorite Fatima prayers. 

This is an awesome thread. 
Thanks Tim... especially for the Latin version.  The Holy Ghost will continue to build His Church.  Blessings to all.
(05-31-2012, 07:26 AM)Tim Wrote: I forgot to tell you when you say the St. Thomas prayer at the elevation, do not say it aloud, say it in your mind.  Another easy devotion I made up is when I'm tempted, or remember a friend that has passed, or see someone in trouble, or any reason you'd like,even victims on the nightly news, I quickly say an Our Father, Haily Mary, Glory be, and the Fatima prayer O my Jesus.  You'd be surprised how many times a day you can do this, it becomes reflexive, it's as if you're a sniper laying in wait for the enemy. He doesn't stand a chance if we are at the ready.

tim

Besides quietly saying the St. Thomas prayer at the elevation of His Body, "My Lord and My God" lately I have been quietly saying the prayer that Our Lord gave St. Gertrude after the elevation of the Chalice.

(05-30-2012, 07:48 PM)mikemac Wrote: Our Lord told St. Gertrude that the following prayer would release 1000 souls from purgatory each time it is said. The prayer was extended to include living sinners as well.

"Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen."

(05-31-2012, 12:05 PM)mikemac Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 07:26 AM)Tim Wrote: I forgot to tell you when you say the St. Thomas prayer at the elevation, do not say it aloud, say it in your mind.  Another easy devotion I made up is when I'm tempted, or remember a friend that has passed, or see someone in trouble, or any reason you'd like,even victims on the nightly news, I quickly say an Our Father, Haily Mary, Glory be, and the Fatima prayer O my Jesus.  You'd be surprised how many times a day you can do this, it becomes reflexive, it's as if you're a sniper laying in wait for the enemy. He doesn't stand a chance if we are at the ready.

tim

Besides quietly saying the St. Thomas prayer at the elevation of His Body, "My Lord and My God" lately I have been quietly saying the prayer that Our Lord gave St. Gertrude after the elevation of the Chalice.

(05-30-2012, 07:48 PM)mikemac Wrote: Our Lord told St. Gertrude that the following prayer would release 1000 souls from purgatory each time it is said. The prayer was extended to include living sinners as well.

"Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen."

Does anyone know where this prayer comes from: "Be mindful, O Lord, of Thy servant, Whom Thou hast redeemed by Thy most Precious Blood."  ??

That's what I say and I'm not sure why, but I think it was in a missal I owned once.  For the elevation of the Chalice.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(05-31-2012, 08:49 AM)Tim Wrote: I know the fishies know but for the ones peering in here, go to the front page and read the bit on the brown scapulars. Get one and wear it, and make your daily offering, say your Office of the BVM, or get a Priest to allow you to say the rosary instead. You must get a priest to release you !

tim

Don't forget to get enrolled too

http://www.sistersofcarmel.com/brown-sca...mation.php good information on the enrollment and how to get a beautiful scapular
This is the deal, let's build it up.

tim
THE CHAPLET OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT

Said on the Blessed Sacrament Beads, consisting of the medal of the Blessed Sacrament and thirty-three beads, one for each year of Christ's life on earth.

The chaplet is said by starting on the medal of the Blessed Sacrament, on which a spiritual communion can be made, and reciting "As I cannot now receive Thee, my Jesus, in Holy Communion, come spiritually into my heart and make it Thine own forever."

On each of the thirty-three beads recite "Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament on the altar, have mercy on us!"

Approved May 30, 1911 by Pope Pius X
(05-31-2012, 05:09 PM)SaraLucille Wrote: THE CHAPLET OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT

Said on the Blessed Sacrament Beads, consisting of the medal of the Blessed Sacrament and thirty-three beads, one for each year of Christ's life on earth.

The chaplet is said by starting on the medal of the Blessed Sacrament, on which a spiritual communion can be made, and reciting "As I cannot now receive Thee, my Jesus, in Holy Communion, come spiritually into my heart and make it Thine own forever."

On each of the thirty-three beads recite "Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament on the altar, have mercy on us!"

Approved May 30, 1911 by Pope Pius X

Thank you so much.  I, as a catchumen (spelling?), cannot receive yet.  It galls me to see some people I know ... well, you know.  I know I shouldn't, I try not to, I try so very hard not to, and I often beg forgiveness of our Lord when these thoughts do pop up as I kneel.  I understand why they won't baptize me yet, but it does burn sometimes.  This will give me something else, something more holy, to concentrate on, rather than kneeling and trying not to feel left out.  Mass is *not* the time to feel sullen.

ETA: Thank  you again for the suggestion of the Chaplet of the Blessed Sacrament.  What do you think? :)
[Image: 252300_445080045502845_527827004_n.jpg]