Suggestions
(05-31-2012, 12:09 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Does anyone know where this prayer comes from: "Be mindful, O Lord, of Thy servant, Whom Thou hast redeemed by Thy most Precious Blood."  ??

That's what I say and I'm not sure why, but I think it was in a missal I owned once.  For the elevation of the Chalice.

It's part of the Ordinary of the Latin Mass to be said silently during the elevation of the Chalice, just like what you are doing.  My missal replaces 'servant' for 'creature' though.  So does this site.
http://www.communigate.co.uk/ne/tradition/page2.phtml 
As a footnote to the suggestions of piety that we follow in our daily lives would be for naught if we don't renounce sin and keep ALL of the Commandments, and receive the Sacraments frequently..  There is such a thing as false piety.  I will post a sermon by Fr. Francis Hunolt (circa 1880's) on "The Hope of Heaven that Is Founded on Certain Pious Practices Is Very Deceitful."

Quote:[i]Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you[/i].” — St. Matthew 28: 20.

All power is given to me in heaven and in earth,” says our Lord to his disciples; as if he wished to
say, I am able to bring all men to heaven. My will and desire is that all should be saved; but this will is
not enough to insure the salvation of all; he who wishes to go to heaven must contribute his share to that
effect. “Going therefore teach ye all nations.” He who wishes to go to heaven must belong to the true
faith; but faith alone in me is not enough to secure salvation. He who desires to be saved must be
baptized: “Baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.” But even
this will not suffice: “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.” He who
desires heaven must keep my commandments, and indeed all of them. Now, there are many who found
their hopes of heaven partly on different pious practices that they are wont to perform, partly on some
attempts at self-justification with which they try to excuse their sins.

But to neglect the observance of even one of the commandments, and to build one’s hopes of salvation
on any works of piety or attempts at self-justification is a false and deceitful hope.