Serving a TLM
(05-31-2012, 12:58 PM)Steven Wrote: I remember reading this page when I was first learning: http://www.traditio.com/office/serving.txt  (Overlook the hosting website!)  It has good commentary, but also contains prayers you can say whilst vesting:
Quote:For the Cassock:
Dominus, pars haereditatis meae, et calicis mei:  tu es, qui restitues hereditatem meam mihi.
O Lord, the portion of my inheritance, and my chalice:  You are He who will restore my inheritance to me.

For the Surplice:
Indue me, Domine, novum hominem, qui secundum Deum creatus est in iustitia et sanctitate veritatis.  Amen.
Invest me, O Lord, as a new man, who was created by God in justice and the holiness of truth.  Amen.

(05-31-2012, 12:34 PM)Josué Wrote: When you kneel make sure to place the back and bottom part of the cassock over your shoes to cover them. I don't know why this is given as a direction (maybe so there won't be a distraction) but follow it.

Be sure not look over your shoulder when doing so, though, nor spend too much time adjusting it.  The benefit of having a tidy cassock can be outweighed by the distraction caused by either of those.  However, before standing up, be sure at least that your cassock is not snagged under your feet, otherwise it can cause you to stumble or trip!

Such beautiful prayers :).
I served for more than a decade growing up at an SSPX church.... and then Low Masses (3 in total) for our FSSP church, then only difference they have is they do not say the Final Confiteor before communion in the FSSP masses, even though it says to in the 1962 Missals they they use.....probably political, but whatever.

I miss serving at mass. If I wasn't father to the noisiest children in the church, I would still be doing it. Don't take it for granted, like I did. It's a honor, and helps you understand the Mass much more deeply.
(05-31-2012, 09:38 PM)galilean Wrote: I served for more than a decade growing up at an SSPX church.... and then Low Masses (3 in total) for our FSSP church, then only difference they have is they do not say the Final Confiteor before communion in the FSSP masses, even though it says to in the 1962 Missals they they use.....probably political, but whatever.

I miss serving at mass. If I wasn't father to the noisiest children in the church, I would still be doing it. Don't take it for granted, like I did. It's a honor, and helps you understand the Mass much more deeply.

The parish I go to is FSSP and the 2nd Confiteor is said.