Schoenstatt
Anyone familiar with the Schoenstatt movement at all?
We have a Schoenstatt Shrine just outside of the city here in San Antonio, TX. We had a private trad Mass there once. Very beautiful shrine, but I'm not sure what the movement is about.
It seems as if they say all their Masses ad orientum, though I might be wrong.
(05-31-2012, 04:22 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: We have a Schoenstatt Shrine just outside of the city here in San Antonio, TX. We had a private trad Mass there once. Very beautiful shrine, but I'm not sure what the movement is about.

Y'all had a mass there?!  I wonder if we could corinate another one. I'd be happy to serve at it.

I believe it is just devotion to Mary.  The movement asks for the shrine to be installed at the house (just the little picture of our lady and lord)
I am!  :chleader:
My mum almost joined them, so I know a fair bit about them (from pre-conciliar days til now!). There's good and bad aspects, but mostly good, and if nothing else they've left the legacy of the Schoenstatt chapels all around the world. Why do you ask?
(05-31-2012, 08:32 PM)Josué Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 04:22 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: We have a Schoenstatt Shrine just outside of the city here in San Antonio, TX. We had a private trad Mass there once. Very beautiful shrine, but I'm not sure what the movement is about.

Y'all had a mass there?!  I wonder if we could corinate another one. I'd be happy to serve at it.

It was a private Mass with a priest I trained to say the traditional Mass. He doesn't want it to get out that he says this Mass (it will make you many enemies instantly, in this diocese). At the time, the Schoenstatt Shrine was the only suitable place where he could say it without his pastor or other clerics finding out. To my knowledge, he has only ever said the traditional Mass in private.
(06-01-2012, 05:08 PM)rbjmartin Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 08:32 PM)Josué Wrote:

It was a private Mass with a priest I trained to say the traditional Mass. He doesn't want it to get out that he says this Mass (it will make you many enemies instantly, in this diocese). At the time, the Schoenstatt Shrine was the only suitable place where he could say it without his pastor or other clerics finding out. To my knowledge, he has only ever said the traditional Mass in private.

That's very sad to hear. Tell him that I will be praying for him and to have courage.  He's a priest!