If you had unlimited access to just 5 people in Church history, who would you...
1. St. Jerome
2. St. Benedict
3. St. Thomas Aquinas
4. St. Teresa of Avila
5. St. Alphonsus Liguori

We already have access to Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament!  :grin:
Jesus is the Head of the Mystical Body, which is the Church

I'm going to include Him and His Mother (the Mother of the Church, inseparable from Him and from us). Then, I'll include St. Joseph who is in the Church Triumphant and part of the family.  I'll just name the other 5 here.

1. St. Thomas Aquinas
2. St. Therese of Liseux
3. St. Augustine
4. St. Francis de Sales
5. St. Teresa of Avila

ETA:  But I'm glad the access won't be limited in heaven (as to the number of saints)
ETA:  I give up.  Is it too late to add St. Pius X... and... and...
(06-01-2012, 06:54 PM)SaintAndrew Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 06:51 PM)Edward Wrote: not counting Jesus of course

1. Mary
2. St Paul
3. St Ambrose
4. St Bernard
5. Bishop Flaget (founding bishop of Bardstown/Louisville)
Yeah, I'd not count Jesus into this either - because I wouldn't say He's IN the Church.

He's the founder and owner, but this in itself could be a good debate as to allowing Him to be in the top 5.

OK...so if you aren't counting Jesus then I would change Jesus to Mary on my list.

Saint Benedict
Saint Anthony The Great
Saint Augustine
Saint John Chrysostom
Saint Thomas Aquinas
1. St Peter
2. St Paul
3. St Pius X
4. St Louis de Montfort
5. St Benedict
I think I'd like to meet my three patron saints, the patron saint of my job, and I'm not sure about the other. 
On page 17 of the book "Light of the World", Pope Benedict XVI states in regards to his 3 best saintly counselors: "I am friends with Augustine, with Bonaventure, with Thomas Aquinas."
1.  Peter Abelard
2.  Anthony of the desert
3.  Benedict of Nursia
4.  John Chrysostom
5.  Hildegard von Bingen
I will have to think about it. They would have to have a sense of humor, not uber intellectual, and a gabber. Someone who will sit at your kitchen table and yak to you while you make dinner or fold laundry.
If unlimited access means it would not be possible to annoy them by asking lots of questions, then:

1) Mary
2) St. Juan Diego
3) St. Thomas Aquinas
4) St. Francis of Assisi
5) St. Brigid (even though--or perhaps because--the only thing I know about her is that she wanted a lake of beer for the Holy Family to swim in for all eternity)