Any Nutella fans out there?
(06-06-2012, 08:04 PM)wallflower Wrote:
(06-06-2012, 07:49 PM)SaintAndrew Wrote:
(06-06-2012, 06:49 PM)wallflower Wrote:
(06-06-2012, 06:29 PM)SaintAndrew Wrote:
(06-06-2012, 04:24 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: To die for! :LOL: Have to look for it here in Iowa. In Canada, Walmart even has a house brand that tastes almost identical!
Yeah, it seems like a chocolate overload to me, but many here seem to endorse it's tastiness - though it's probably already on Michelle Obama's "evil foods" list.

But wouldn't that just endorse its tastiness even more?  :LOL:

(edit: it's and its  >:()
It's not clear if you're an English professor or not.
I clicked on your name and you hide all of your info - click my name and you'll find out everything about me except my SSN.
When being appraised by a fellow forum member, its nice to know their credentials. :eyeroll:

:LOL: While I have been known to correct other people I was actually correcting myself that time. I must have done it fast enough that the edit time didn't show up so it wasn't obvious that I was editing my own post. I had written "it's tastiness" originally. I hadn't noticed your mistake...until now. At least you got it right with "it's on Michelle Obama's evil foods list"!

itss not mi folt im a viktum of tha publikk educashin systim............ :salute:
(06-05-2012, 05:56 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I've had it.  It's good, not great.

Heresy.
I'm gonna be negative Norman and say I think the store-brand Chocolatey-hazelnut spread is better than Nutella (and has less sugar, too)
My wife turned me on to it.  She is from the former Czechoslovakia, and it is big there.  That is how it got famous. 

The Italian maker sold it to the Eastern bloc Communist countries, and it was quite popular there and his business took off from that.

I have it as a late night snack with peanut butter so I am not hungry at night especially after weightlifting. 

I was happy to hear that Ronda "Rowdy" Rousey (USA Olympic Judo Bronze winner and now MMA champ) when asked what food she wanted if stranded on an island, she stated peanut butter with Nutella.  I guess I am having the snack of Champions.  Mmm, good.
I like to swirl it into some semi-soft vanilla ice cream, then top it off with a shmear of peanut butter...... nirvana
(06-05-2012, 05:56 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I've had it.  It's good, not great.

It's absolutely disgusting.

Many years ago, probably before many here on Fisheaters were born, my father brought home from the store a container of Nutella and told us (wife and five children) that we should eat it on our toast. 

I vowed to run away from home and never come back before I ever put that stuff on one of my pieces of toast.

My mother put the Nutella in the middle of our Lazy Susan, which sat at the edge of our kitchen table, and it stayed there, untouched, for nearly 10 years.  By the time someone finally decided to throw it away, it was harder than the brick foundation of our house.
Wait...so did you actually try it?  Also who needs toast?  Nutella + knife/spoon works.
(06-20-2012, 12:16 AM)Pheo Wrote: Wait...so did you actually try it?

Of course not.  It looked awful, and that's all I needed to know.

My experience with Nutella predates my experience with the Novus Ordo Missae, so at the time I was judging Nutella's worth, I was... well, a bit younger than I am now. 

Before I entered my teen years, on the basis of mere looks, I put Nutella in the same category as Brussells sprouts:  NO!  Being the good traditionalist that I am, I have never changed my view on those particular things. 
(06-20-2012, 12:16 AM)Pheo Wrote: Wait...so did you actually try it?  Also who needs toast?  Nutella + knife/spoon works.
1 cup of Nutella, 3/4 a cup of sugar, and one egg.
Mix it together, then grease a baking sheet. Roll into balls, place on the sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes.

They're the best biscuits I've ever ate in my life.

No toast reguired for that either.
Nutella... love the stuff! Goes well on a PB&J, right between the PB and the J. Then it becomes a PBNJ.

I'm so witty :eyeroll: