advice for a first-time drinker
miss_fluffy Wrote:In that case, you should just buy some whiskey, and cut it heavily with 7up. (This is the drink I was raised on [Image: wink.gif]

That explains it!  Are we talking about this being given to you in place of mother's milk, or perhaps sometime a little later? [Image: laff.gif]
gladius_veritatis Wrote:That explains it!  Are we talking about this being given to you in place of mother's milk, or perhaps sometime a little later? [Image: laff.gif]

I don't think it actually replaced mother's milk for me, but I been sippin' my Dad's 7&7's for as long as I can remember.  [Image: crazy.gif]
Quote:Originally posted by glastonbury_thorn
Wow! I have heard that a drinks are like women

What about vintage drinks (the older the better)?  What do the ladies think about that?
gladius_veritatis Wrote:
Marty Wrote:beer

Our friend Marty has posted twice - using a total of three (3) different letters! [Image: laff.gif] [Image: beer2.gif]

[Image: laff.gif] 3 very beautiful letters gladius!
Howd you go glaston?? what did you swallow?
Beer. Harp and Guinness are nice, as well as any of the Pilzners. Another one, which is great, but I don't know if they have near you is a Flying Dog. Excellent brew! Also, try supporting your local microbreweries, they've got some great stuff.

On the sweet side, try a Margarita. It's nothing more than jacked up lemonade. Or some sparkling white wine.

Bummer
Marty Wrote:[Image: laff.gif] 3 very beautiful letters gladius!
Howd you go glaston?? what did you swallow?

Hello:

I am still dry and sober. I am still deciding on what exactly to drink and when. Perhaps I shall write all your suggestions on several pieces of paper and put them in a hat of some sort, and whatsoever I draw out of the hat, that I shall drink. As long as I don't take every suggestion from the hat, I should be fine [Image: laff.gif]

--- Glastonbury
The most efficacious remedy for this quandary, in my estimation, would be a visit to the local petrol station which stocks a decent selection of alcoholic beverages. Pick out several which bear names that are recognizeable to you, and/or appeal to you in some way, ideally something mentioned in this thread. Take your selections home and sample them judiciously to see what you like. Personally, I would avoid the beers which are deemed fit for mass consumption, like "Miller lite" and "Budweiser" and the like. Try some beer, of a less-well-known brand, as somebody pointed out above, microbreweries are wonderful for this. Try some wine, and try some "hard liquor." As Catholics, we know that to deliberately "get drunk" is a mortal sin, so, though it's probably obvious, focus on what appeals to you, and not on what has the highest proof (highest alcohol content.)
DominusTecum Wrote:The most efficacious remedy for this quandary, in my estimation, would be a visit to the local petrol station which stocks a decent selection of alcoholic beverages. Pick out several which bear names that are recognizeable to you, and/or appeal to you in some way, ideally something mentioned in this thread. Take your selections home and sample them judiciously to see what you like. Personally, I would avoid the beers which are deemed fit for mass consumption, like "Miller lite" and "Budweiser" and the like. Try some beer, of a less-well-known brand, as somebody pointed out above, microbreweries are wonderful for this. Try some wine, and try some "hard liquor." As Catholics, we know that to deliberately "get drunk" is a mortal sin, so, though it's probably obvious, focus on what appeals to you, and not on what has the highest proof (highest alcohol content.)

Hello.

I had not thought of this before. I shall indeed look into this and see if any petrol stations exists in the vicinity. Also, I shall look into the microbreweries. Perhaps I can request a tour or something if I have free time.

Now that Lent has passed I will feel less guilty in initiating such aesthetic endeavours. Aesthetic is key word, because I am not looking to "alter my consciousness" (I can do that without any substances [Image: smile.gif]) but just something that tastes good.

--- Glastonbury
Drink,drink, anything till you are down six feet under the ground!
Quote:QOUTE:
I drink to your health when I'm with you,
I drink to your health when I'm alone,
I drink to your health so often,
I'm starting to worry about my own!

I think I got this from CatholicViking.