Lol - I (most likely) have a rather rare cutaneous disease!
(06-18-2012, 03:13 PM)Rosarium Wrote: Study science, logic, and rhetoric. You'll catch up eventually.

Oh, brother.  Eye-roll
Well, to bring things back to Arun again, what are you required to do with the infection?

Antibiotics?
You're right, it's definitely not too common.  If it's orf, it's caused by a virus called a parapoxvirus so antibiotics won't do anything.  Luckily it usually goes away in 6-8 weeks without any treatment.
(06-18-2012, 02:59 PM)Rosarium Wrote: Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable.

[Image: peter-venkman-ghostbusters[1].jpg]

I'm disappointed no one else got this.
Lol.

When colloids collide, they begin to collude. Eventually the whole thing will begin to corrode, and all that's left will be a creole corona. Or something...?

Hate to see you fellas arguing, and I can't help but feel partially responsible as I started this thread. Can't we all just get along? Our enemies would love to see us divided, but though we're few we are strong if we stand together in God's Good Graces, and whether in season or out of season we perhaps ought to weigh up the ultimate value or frivolity of engaging in head-banging excersises rather than simply accepting we hold different views about this thing or the other - unless we're talking about heresy of course!

Walty, I am not yet sure what will need to be done - I have to go and see my GP about it specifically as the doctor who picked it up was examining my hands for a separate injury and ACC (worker's comp) claim, he was not actually allowed to treat me but could only recommend treatment.

Pheo - have you some experience with this? Please don't hesitate to share what you know!

PAX VOBISCUM, FRATRES.
(06-18-2012, 08:34 PM)Arun Wrote: Hate to see you fellas arguing, and I can't help but feel partially responsible as I started this thread. Can't we all just get along? Our enemies would love to see us divided, but though we're few we are strong if we stand together in God's Good Graces, and whether in season or out of season we perhaps ought to weigh up the ultimate value or frivolity of engaging in head-banging excersises rather than simply accepting we hold different views about this thing or the other - unless we're talking about heresy of course!

Giving unlicensed bad medical advice online is something which should be at least countered when it pops up.

Keep in mind that "colloidal silver" is his idea of preparing for "prepping" and survival: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33754440

Most people (with that concern) are stocking up on food, land, weapons, etc to be able to sustain themselves and defend themselves, and he is stocking up on colloidal silver.

And for the logic, I can go find articles against the use, medical citations, etc. I can even copy and paste them here like him. However, it wouldn't change any minds. Colloidal silver does not seem to have negative effects unless taken in high dosages over a period of time. But for an actual medical problem (a rare disease, for instance), I do not think it is prudent or medically sound to recommend one's favourite cure all out of the blue.
(06-18-2012, 07:18 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(06-18-2012, 02:59 PM)Rosarium Wrote: Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable.

I'm disappointed no one else got this.

Thanks Smile

I posted the direct quote when I realised what I had written had been said better before. I am not sure if my mind was using the memory of that scene or it was just a coincidence of bad science.

(06-18-2012, 08:34 PM)Arun Wrote: Pheo - have you some experience with this? Please don't hesitate to share what you know!

No direct experience, but it's covered in one of my skin textbooks.  Yes, those are as boring as they sound.  Anyway there are a few case reports you can find of some prescription creams that might help (like this one), but they also mention that it's a benign, self-limiting condition.

Still, make sure you follow up with your GP.  You want to make sure it's just orf before you go ahead and do nothing about it!
(06-18-2012, 09:17 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(06-18-2012, 08:34 PM)Arun Wrote: Hate to see you fellas arguing, and I can't help but feel partially responsible as I started this thread. Can't we all just get along? Our enemies would love to see us divided, but though we're few we are strong if we stand together in God's Good Graces, and whether in season or out of season we perhaps ought to weigh up the ultimate value or frivolity of engaging in head-banging excersises rather than simply accepting we hold different views about this thing or the other - unless we're talking about heresy of course!

Giving unlicensed bad medical advice online is something which should be at least countered when it pops up.

Keep in mind that "colloidal silver" is his idea of preparing for "prepping" and survival: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33754440

Most people (with that concern) are stocking up on food, land, weapons, etc to be able to sustain themselves and defend themselves, and he is stocking up on colloidal silver.

And for the logic, I can go find articles against the use, medical citations, etc. I can even copy and paste them here like him. However, it wouldn't change any minds. Colloidal silver does not seem to have negative effects unless taken in high dosages over a period of time. But for an actual medical problem (a rare disease, for instance), I do not think it is prudent or medically sound to recommend one's favourite cure all out of the blue.

That is a good point, and certainly not one that I dispute - I was more referring to the bickering that followed. don't get me wrong, I'm as guilty as anybody else on here for doing the very same thing but I've been noticing it more and more lately and just wanted to say something about it briefly.

Pheo - thanks for that input, mate.

I just ran off a double-distilled batch of liquor today (in fact when I was on here before I was typing while doing a stripping run lol) and I have a little over 100mls of foreshots that I am very, very tempted to rub into this thing and see what happens lol!
(06-18-2012, 09:17 PM)Rosarium Wrote: I can go find articles against the use, medical citations,

I bet you can't find 2.I can find many citing the medical efficacy of CS for all manner of issues.

Arun, the main reason I suggested you dab on some CS  (I mean really,it can't hurt at worst) was due to a recent spate of Brown recluse spider bites in our area.The venom creates a nasty nasty wound.Someone fixed theirs right up with topical and ingested CS. Quite remarkable.

And believe me...my preps are extensive and cover all the bases.Thanks for the concern.