Cross-Country Drive: California to Wisconsin
(06-21-2012, 01:18 AM)HuskerTom Wrote: Looks like you'll be coming right through Omaha, so if you get a chance, stop on by.  There are a few choices for TLMs around here and Lincoln, if you're looking for a place to go to Mass along the way.  Our own FSSP parish in Omaha is literally 3 minutes off of I-80.  And if you're interested, I can get you a list of sites to visit or places to eat  (not that there's that much to do around here).

We probably won't have much time for stopping, unless you are volunteering your living room floor. Has Conor Oberst's bar opened yet? That's in Omaha.
(06-21-2012, 02:00 AM)piabee Wrote: We probably won't have much time for stopping, unless you are volunteering your living room floor. Has Conor Oberst's bar opened yet? That's in Omaha.

You're welcome to use our living room floor, though I don't know how you'd handle the 5 kids running around/on top of you.  :duel: :beatup:
Our house isn't far off of I-80 either, and I could even invite the only other Omaha FE I know who lives not far away (tradne4163).

I didn't even know about Conor Oberst's bar until you mentioned it.  I just looked it up and it doesn't look like it's open yet, though the most recent thing I can find on it is from April.  Sounds like it'll be a pretty cool bar once they get it going, and it's at a decent location in Dundee.  If you're looking for a good pub, we've got a few good Irish bars around here.  :cheers:
(06-21-2012, 02:19 AM)HuskerTom Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 02:00 AM)piabee Wrote: We probably won't have much time for stopping, unless you are volunteering your living room floor. Has Conor Oberst's bar opened yet? That's in Omaha.

You're welcome to use our living room floor, though I don't know how you'd handle the 5 kids running around/on top of you.  :duel: :beatup:
Our house isn't far off of I-80 either, and I could even invite the only other Omaha FE I know who lives not far away (tradne4163).

I didn't even know about Conor Oberst's bar until you mentioned it.  I just looked it up and it doesn't look like it's open yet, though the most recent thing I can find on it is from April.  Sounds like it'll be a pretty cool bar once they get it going, and it's at a decent location in Dundee.  If you're looking for a good pub, we've got a few good Irish bars around here.   :cheers:

Who says there's not that much to do in Omaha?  All one needs is a TLM and an Irish bar (or two).  I'd call that Catholic heaven.
(06-21-2012, 02:19 AM)HuskerTom Wrote:

That would have been great! Trip is actually off for now, though.
(06-21-2012, 02:19 AM)HuskerTom Wrote: I didn't even know about Conor Oberst's bar until you mentioned it.  I just looked it up and it doesn't look like it's open yet, though the most recent thing I can find on it is from April.  Sounds like it'll be a pretty cool bar once they get it going, and it's at a decent location in Dundee.

Ha, you actually looked it up. Someday...

If you decide to make the trip, take a detour to North Dakota.  Just avoid the oil country.  Hint - Fargo is nice.  :)
Hey, while you are heading through Nebraska, here are two locations to see if you can or are interested:

http://www.holyfamilyshrineproject.com/ (I've never seen such a perfect mix of beautiful and ugly, that takes talent :LOL:)

http://www.holyfamilyshrineproject.com/ (The FSSP Oratory in Lincoln) If you haven't been here, you simply must. This place is like a geode- nothing too special on the outside but you crack it open and wow. Here's a picture I took during the recent FSSP Ordination weekend this past May: http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t436...A71251.jpg

One really should see it in person if they can.
--------
Wisconsin!?

[Image: image.php?id=320]

I bet they're union too.
That picture does not accurately depict Wisconsin at all.
You need a 52 Olds and this blaring on the radio.

tim

dig the re-bob chickies
[Image: CIMG1573.jpg]

^Way more accurate depiction of Wisconsin.  Except not enough beer.  Because they are girls.
(06-22-2012, 05:40 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: ^Way more accurate depiction of Wisconsin.  Except not enough beer.  Because they are girls.

Pretty much every single bloke in that photo is a porker.Whats with that??