Cross-Country Drive: California to Wisconsin
(06-22-2012, 05:43 PM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 05:40 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: ^Way more accurate depiction of Wisconsin.  Except not enough beer.  Because they are girls.

Pretty much every single bloke in that photo is a porker.Whats with that??

lol.

lol.

lol.

More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(06-22-2012, 05:44 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 05:40 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: ^Way more accurate depiction of Wisconsin.  Except not enough beer.  Because they are girls.

lol.

lol.

lol.

Welcome to Wisconsin.

:LOL:

We're blue collar.  What do you expect?

Every time I check, Wisconsin is like the 25th fattest state in the Union.  That's right in the middle. 

I never understand the whole "Wisconsinites are fat asses" stereotype.  It's the South with the weight problem.  Well, the whole country has a weight problem, but the South is the worst.
(06-22-2012, 06:08 PM)Walty Wrote:

Every time I check, Wisconsin is like the 25th fattest state in the Union.  That's right in the middle. 

I never understand the whole "Wisconsinites are fat asses" stereotype.  It's the South with the weight problem.  Well, the whole country has a weight problem, but the South is the worst.

That's because the South retains its cuisine and not the mode of work which previously kept the Southerner healthy. Southern cooking is nothing but copious amounts of fat, salt, and sugar added to something boiled, fried or baked.

No agrarian/manual labor culture + same food = fatty mcfatfat.

Great Granny's diet would have given a nutritionist a heart attack, but she was skinny as were all the ones who kept up the family farm life. All the ones who left farming and cattle driving got fat. Florida used to be huge in cattle- it's where the term cracker actually comes from; the thick woods required constant snapping of the bullwhips to keep all the cattle moving.

I can't find decent collard greens or sweet tea around here in Colorado restaurants to save my life. And the lack of boiled peanut stands on the side of the road is always a summer cause of nostalgia and sadness.
What part of WI are you going to?  Maybe I can offer some advice or sights to see.
We ended up leaving a couple days later than originally planned. In Cheyenne tonight.
(06-23-2012, 04:22 PM)drummerboy Wrote: What part of WI are you going to?  Maybe I can offer some advice or sights to see.

Green Bay. Are you in Wisconsin?
(06-25-2012, 12:30 AM)piabee Wrote: We ended up leaving a couple days later than originally planned. In Cheyenne tonight.
(06-23-2012, 04:22 PM)drummerboy Wrote: What part of WI are you going to?  Maybe I can offer some advice or sights to see.

You guys have to go to Lambeau. 

Sorry, but that's kind of all there is to do in Green Bay.  Haha. 

I hope you guys like fattening food and beer.
(06-25-2012, 12:33 AM)Walty Wrote:
(06-25-2012, 12:30 AM)piabee Wrote: We ended up leaving a couple days later than originally planned. In Cheyenne tonight.

No, don't go to Lambeau.  They make you shout, "Go, Pack, Go!!!" when they take you on the field.  I felt dirty afterwards.  Was awful. 

And, it seems the Green Bay Packers Football Corporation doesn't make enough money to buy seat backs for their fans.  It's appalling.
There's a thunderstorm and I'm scared. :afraidsmiley:
(06-25-2012, 12:38 AM)DrBombay Wrote:
(06-25-2012, 12:33 AM)Walty Wrote:

No, don't go to Lambeau.  They make you shout, "Go, Pack, Go!!!" when they take you on the field.  I felt dirty afterwards.  Was awful. 

And, it seems the Green Bay Packers Football Corporation doesn't make enough money to buy seat backs for their fans.  It's appalling.

It's called tradition you philistine.  :bronxcheer: