Reparation is called for another Anti-Jesus and Mary blasphemy
(06-22-2012, 01:15 AM)PeterII Wrote: I'll wait to judge the work on its own merit. The best Jesus film is The Gospel According to St. Matthew which was directed by the Italian homosexual Marxist, Pier Paolo Pasolini. 

This might be my favorite too.  He just let the text speak for itself, and the actors gave an honest performance.

Well, anyway, this looks like a chance for apologists to step up and refute the ridiculous Jesus Seminar and their circular logic.
Imagine the outrage if one made a film portraying mohammed as the pedophile he was. What would the muslim reaction be? Violent and physical.

What about a film depicting Obama's mom as the slutty commie she was? Now that would be true, but it would be equally hated for its truth.

No, truth would be much too painful for America to see. That The Passion was so popular I think is more for the controversy it generated, not a draw to a positive portrayal of Christ.

But to show a film lying about Our Lord, disparaging Our Lady, and going completely against historical and cultural norms? Oh, it will be a hit but no theaters will burn down or blow up. No one will end up dead on an LA street, nor any associated coroners dead from poisoning.

And we're the bad guys... ?
(06-22-2012, 05:15 PM)jonbhorton Wrote: Imagine the outrage if one made a film portraying mohammed as the pedophile he was. What would the muslim reaction be? Violent and physical.

What about a film depicting Obama's mom as the slutty commie she was? Now that would be true, but it would be equally hated for its truth.

No, truth would be much too painful for America to see. That The Passion was so popular I think is more for the controversy it generated, not a draw to a positive portrayal of Christ.

But to show a film lying about Our Lord, disparaging Our Lady, and going completely against historical and cultural norms? Oh, it will be a hit but no theaters will burn down or blow up. No one will end up dead on an LA street, nor any associated coroners dead from poisoning.

And we're the bad guys... ?

I don't think there's any need to refer to Obama's mom as a "slutty commie." However,

I asked two "deist" friends of mine if we would ever see a film that treated Mohammed in the same manner this flick treats Christ and Our Lady. Even they agreed it wouldn't happen.

Religious films tend to be controversial, but this one is offensive trash. The controversy surrounding The Passion was about "anti-semitism," and maybe the violence.
(06-22-2012, 01:44 PM)Miles Christi Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 01:15 AM)PeterII Wrote: I'll wait to judge the work on its own merit. The best Jesus film is The Gospel According to St. Matthew which was directed by the Italian homosexual Marxist, Pier Paolo Pasolini. 

It might have been directed by a degenerate, but it did not deny any of Jesus' miracles, and remained faithful to the text.
This film does neither. Do you not care to defend Jesus when he is slandered by the heathen?

Are you referring to the film that doesn't exist, based on the script that hasn't been written, by a writer who didn't write the book, "Jesus of Nazareth"?
Perhaps this is why Mary ask for the

DEVOTION OF THE FIVE FIRST SATURDAYS

WHY FIVE SATURDAYS?

It is sometimes asked why Our Lady asked for Communions of reparation on five first Saturdays, instead of some other number. Our Blessed Lord answered that question when He appeared to Sr. Lucia May 29, 1930. He explained that it was because of five kinds of offenses and blasphemies against the Immaculate Heart of Mary, namely: blasphemies against her Immaculate Conception, against her perpetual virginity, against the divine and spiritual maternity of Mary, blasphemies involving the rejection and dishonoring of her images, and the neglect of implanting in the hearts of children a knowledge and love of this Immaculate Mother.
(06-22-2012, 01:40 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: This scumbag not only denies the virgin birth, he suggests that our Lord was the product of his Holy Mother being raped by a Roman soldier.

I wish the Catholics were more like the Jews in the sense that if the memory of the Holocaust was blasphemed by some movie or book there would be hell to pay.
(06-22-2012, 08:10 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 01:40 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: This scumbag not only denies the virgin birth, he suggests that our Lord was the product of his Holy Mother being raped by a Roman soldier.

I wish the Catholics were more like the Jews in the sense that if the memory of the Holocaust was blasphemed by some movie or book there would be hell to pay.

I believe it will happen...just not soon enough. Alas, we can be really slow on fighting back on toxic waste like this.

Totally blaspheme the holocaust(the only thing modern jews have any faith in) lose your job and get reeducated. Blaspheme the pedophile Muhommad and lose your head. Blaspheme Christianity get a million $ movie deal. Christians need to grow a pair and start fighting back.
(06-22-2012, 01:03 PM)Resurrexi Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 09:30 PM)Vincentius Wrote: Verhoeven’s take on the life of Jesus Christ discounts all of the miracles that inform the New Testament. That includes the immaculate conception (refers to the Incarnation, not Mary's), and the resurrection. Verhoeven doesn’t believe any of them happened.

The Immaculate Conception always and only properly refers to Mary's being conceived without original sin.

What you're thinking of is the Virgin Birth.

Please read the lines not skim them.  Not my statement but Verhoeven’s who made the comment, which every non-Catholic (or perhap[s some Catholics) refer to Jesus conception as "Immaculate" since they all deny that Mary was conceived immaculately, i.e., without original sin.
(06-22-2012, 10:53 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote:

Totally blaspheme the holocaust(the only thing modern jews have any faith in) lose your job and get reeducated. Blaspheme the pedophile Muhommad and lose your head. Blaspheme Christianity get a million $ movie deal. Christians need to grow a pair and start fighting back.

This. So sad and true.