Will Pope Benedict Back Down or...................
As far as I know the term "partial communion" has never existed in the Catholic Church.  If I remember correctly, I was responding to someone who questioned my statement about Protestants being in "partial communion" with the Church.  I responded that  Protestants are in "partial" communion with the Church as far as their baptism is recognized when and if they choose to convert to Catholicism, never meaning to imply that "partial communion" is some type of official Church terminology.  In other words, there is no need to re-baptize Protestants who are entering the Catholic Church unless there is some doubt whether they have indeed have been baptized with water In the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  Protestants are not "IN" the Catholic Church and I never meant to imply they are.  It makes me sick to think someone believes otherwise.

(06-23-2012, 08:00 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 07:50 PM)Cato76 Wrote: What I meant by partial communion is that the protestant baptism is still recognized by the Catholic Church, in most cases where a protestant wishes to convert to Catholicism.  Has that always been the case?

What is "partial communion?" Baptism makes one a Catholic, but if a child raised in a Protestant family reaches the age of reason, he is not a Catholic. Greek schismatics have valid baptisms as well.

The SSPX is Catholic. 100%. Not in "partial communion."
(06-23-2012, 05:21 PM)TrentCath Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 05:15 PM)Cato76 Wrote: If they acknowledge the current Pope as the legitimate head of the Church, they are sure giving him a lot of grief.  Why would you want to receive sacraments from a SSPX priest?

Because:
a) they won't be sacrilegious i.e the new mass
b) because I know they'll say the old mass properly, including the second confiteor etc..
c) because I know I'll get good solid preaching
d)because I know they'll properly question if necessary in confession, give suitable penances and spiritual direction
e) because unlike many in the church they actually teach the Catholic Faith and not some new age rubbish
f) because I know they'll have been well formed in the Catholic faith

In short because I'm catholic and on occasion I care about my soul despite my sinful ways.

g). Because I am 100% confident that if my children were being seduced, raped or sodomized, every single SSPX priest would do something about it rather than cover it up (and would have pre-scandal also).

That's my kind of religion.
(06-26-2012, 02:28 PM)ggreg Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 05:21 PM)TrentCath Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 05:15 PM)Cato76 Wrote: If they acknowledge the current Pope as the legitimate head of the Church, they are sure giving him a lot of grief.  Why would you want to receive sacraments from a SSPX priest?

Because:
a) they won't be sacrilegious i.e the new mass
b) because I know they'll say the old mass properly, including the second confiteor etc..
c) because I know I'll get good solid preaching
d)because I know they'll properly question if necessary in confession, give suitable penances and spiritual direction
e) because unlike many in the church they actually teach the Catholic Faith and not some new age rubbish
f) because I know they'll have been well formed in the Catholic faith

In short because I'm catholic and on occasion I care about my soul despite my sinful ways.

g). Because I am 100% confident that if my children were being seduced, raped or sodomized, every single SSPX priest would do something about it rather than cover it up (and would have pre-scandal also).

That's my kind of religion.

Well the whole things more complicated than that, but what I would say is that they wouldn't ordain people who would do this in the first place or would quickly kick them out, I mine they're not perfect but they're a hell of a lot better than any diocese I can think of.
(06-23-2012, 04:34 AM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: Hmm...honestly no. I don't have a great deal good to say about the current Pontiff however he faced a lot of pressure on Summorum Pontificum (spell) and he didn't back down. But from what I have heard the Bishops will be in charge of allowing the SSPX in their Diocese like with the Jesuits. Thats the problem. In some places the SSPX has some beautiful Churches like in St Louis for example. I am sure the Bishops are just dying to get their hands on those Churches to sell them off to cover up the homo scandal lawsuits bills then relegate the SSPX to a Chapel in a Hospital basement. Thats my worry.

Oh, I don't think that could happen. They'd be independent from the diocese. SSPX would answer to Rome, not the diocese. A bishop just can't come along and take an SSPX chapel. A bishop can't take the Fraternity's or the Institutes chapels, what makes you think they'd be able to take the Society's?
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton