Father Joseph Ratzinger
(06-23-2012, 06:11 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 06:03 PM)JayneK Wrote: While many people on FE would be happy if tomorrow he simply abrogated the NO and made the TLM the only Roman rite, this does not seem a prudent course of action.

Sob Story

They did that with the real Mass without any scruples. You gotta cut the cancer out before it grows.

Are you saying that it was a good idea?  Or do you think that since they have been stupid once, they are now committed to keep on being stupid?
The Council asked for some minor reforms. The people to whom the task was given did a wreckovation. Pope Benedict wants the Council Mass to actually be established, I think, that is, the TLM with some small differences. Over the course of centuries, the Church has always made small changes. This is nothing new. Wreckovation is new, and this is what the pope does not like and wants to redo.
(06-23-2012, 09:30 PM)maldon Wrote: Wreckovation is new, and this is what the pope does not like and wants to redo.

That's why he keeps celebrating the NO everyday and approves things like Kiko's mass for the neo-catechumenal movement.
The Pope has never approved the liturgical practice of the NeoCatechumenal Way.
(06-23-2012, 09:49 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: The Pope has never approved the liturgical practice of the NeoCatechumenal Way.

Ah, yes, I keep forgetting about the wiggle room.

He's just trying to bring them in line, "brick by brick." Silly me.
(06-23-2012, 09:54 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 09:49 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: The Pope has never approved the liturgical practice of the NeoCatechumenal Way.

Ah, yes, I keep forgetting about the wiggle room.

He's trying to bring them in line. Silly me.

Not really. He approved some aspects of the movement while criticizing others. But I suppose dealing with things as they actually happened doesn't always allow us to simply confirm our own prejudices.
You're correct, it was my mistake.

God's rottweiler is really bringing those folks into Roman orthodoxy kicking and screaming. Let them tremble!
He is the Sweet Christ on Earth, after all.
(06-23-2012, 10:10 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: He is the Sweet Christ on Earth, after all.

Indeed.

Sugar sweet.
(06-23-2012, 10:10 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: He is the Sweet Christ on Earth, after all.

I believe that.