The Soceity of Jesus
Hello,

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were concerning the Jesuits and if the fSSPX can sort of set up a order for them.  I sort of have a love hate relationship with the Jesuits. They were spies and did much good during the reformation but probably didn't do too well as advisors to kings and other rulers.  It would be such a blessing to our Church if they were reclaimed by tradition.
Concerning your question about the SSPX setting up an order for the Jesuits, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. If you mean setting up a traditional version of the Jesuits, I don't think that's possible, because Jesuits, unlike Franciscans, cannot have different groups. The most there can be is a Jesuit-like institute, which as I recall, there is. Although I can't remember the name of this institute, I seem to think that it is based out of Germany.
Well, what about how they set up a Benedictine order or Carmelite one?  I believe they have a sspx branch of nuns that probably make linens and vestments for the priests along with supporting them (the priests) with their prayers. 
Becuase the Jesuits are fundamentally different. There were already many different Carmelite and Benedictine orders and institutes. For the Carmelites, in terms of orders, there are two--the carmelites and the discalced carmelites--in addition to some institutes and congregations, I think. For the benedictines, there are the actual Benedictines, the Cisterians, the Trappists, and the Camalodese (I don't think many people pay much attention to institutes founded outside of one of these groups of Benedictines). All of these were reform movements off the original Order of Saint Benedict, except the Trappists, who were a reform of the original reform of the Cisterians.

The Jesuits, however, are not the same deal. There has never been a "reform" of the Jesuits, because there cannot licitly be a reform of the Jesuits, from what I understand.
One thing is for certain in that the Jesuits truly need to be suppressed by Rome as they had in two historical occasions. While those occasions were mainly for political reasons, the state of the Jesuits today and their blatant advocacy for heretical theology and principles in many "Catholic" institutions really warrants a suppression.
The entire Society needs to be cleansed, so to speak, from top to bottom.
(06-24-2012, 05:55 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: The entire Society needs to be cleansed, so to speak, from top to bottom.

That could be said about the entire Church.
(06-24-2012, 05:59 PM)Christknight104 Wrote:
(06-24-2012, 05:55 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: The entire Society needs to be cleansed, so to speak, from top to bottom.

True...but the Jesuits are the worst of the worst.

(06-24-2012, 05:59 PM)Christknight104 Wrote:

Yes, and as history has shown, the Church has recovered from dilapidated statuses. This too shall pass.
I realized that my question is sort of stupid. Both are priestly societies and are totally different from each others charism.    Blush oopps.