The church of Nice has to go!
(06-25-2012, 05:00 PM)Sondaar Wrote:
(06-25-2012, 04:48 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Is "RealCatholic TV" called "ChurchMilitant TV" now? Interesting.
I suspect it was to shut the liberal Bishops up:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archdio...e-catholic

As I suspected. Well, we can't just take the name "Catholic" because we feel like it. I know we had another thread about this. That's why Mother Angelica took the name EWTN. She and her local bishop did not see eye-to-eye when she began her network. I'm surprised Catholic Answers got away with it.
(06-25-2012, 05:18 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(06-25-2012, 04:48 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Is "RealCatholic TV" called "ChurchMilitant TV" now? Interesting.

As I suspected. Well, we can't just take the name "Catholic" because we feel like it. I know we had another thread about this. That's why Mother Angelica took the name EWTN. She and her local bishop did not see eye-to-eye when she began her network. I'm surprised Catholic Answers got away with it.

Considering CAF's general attitudes, I'm not.

According to Voris, the issue is more with the staff of the Archdiocese, not the Bishop. I can see this.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbenc...-catholic/

ChurchMilitantTV sounds way cooler anyway. Real Catholic is true, but doesn't inspire much zeal. Just the satisfaction of being "real", which probably extends into becoming not-real depending on the person's disposition to pride.

Military imagery makes it more obvious for what it is. Hint: check out the Centurion's declaration of faith as regards his position and power vs that of Christ.
(06-25-2012, 05:38 PM)jonbhorton Wrote: Real Catholic is true, but doesn't inspire much zeal. Just the satisfaction of being "real", which probably extends into becoming not-real depending on the person's disposition to pride.

The "Real" is what stood out glaringly to me. As I saw it, it was meant to be a slap in the face to all other Catholic media out there, as if RCTV was saying "Hey, we're the real deal. Everyone else is just blowing hot air." Even if that's true, it's not very nice.... er, I mean, humble. LOL

I must admit I'm not a big fan of Catholic media. Period. Maybe I expect too much. Maybe I should just be glad we have a Catholic voice of any kind. When I was young the Protestants ruled the air waves. We only had reruns of Archbishop Sheen.

But the current Code of Canon Law states that “no undertaking is to claim the name 'Catholic' without authorization." I guess Catholic Answers got authorization.
(06-25-2012, 05:38 PM)jonbhorton Wrote:

According to Voris, the issue is more with the staff of the Archdiocese, not the Bishop. I can see this.

Yeah, you're right, it looks like the staff of the Archdiocese have been trying to stop Michael Voris since he started. 

Micheal Voris said, “They [the staff of the Archdiocese] have waged a quiet war since the very first time we set foot into the public realm.”

It only makes me want to listen to what he has to say that much more.

--Quote from Patheos.com

(06-25-2012, 06:04 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: But the current Code of Canon Law states that “no undertaking is to claim the name 'Catholic' without authorization." I guess Catholic Answers got authorization.

I'm surprised the National Catholic Reporter has lasted as long as it has without being told to cease and desist calling itself Catholic unless it too has authorization.
(06-25-2012, 08:44 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote:
(06-25-2012, 06:04 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: But the current Code of Canon Law states that “no undertaking is to claim the name 'Catholic' without authorization." I guess Catholic Answers got authorization.

I'm surprised the National Catholic Reporter has lasted as long as it has without being told to cease and desist calling itself Catholic unless it too has authorization.

That or they just don't care about canon law...which to me seems very likely.
(06-25-2012, 06:04 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(06-25-2012, 05:38 PM)jonbhorton Wrote: Real Catholic is true, but doesn't inspire much zeal. Just the satisfaction of being "real", which probably extends into becoming not-real depending on the person's disposition to pride.

The "Real" is what stood out glaringly to me. As I saw it, it was meant to be a slap in the face to all other Catholic media out there, as if RCTV was saying "Hey, we're the real deal. Everyone else is just blowing hot air." Even if that's true, it's not very nice.... er, I mean, humble. LOL

I must admit I'm not a big fan of Catholic media. Period. Maybe I expect too much. Maybe I should just be glad we have a Catholic voice of any kind. When I was young the Protestants ruled the air waves. We only had reruns of Archbishop Sheen.

But the current Code of Canon Law states that “no undertaking is to claim the name 'Catholic' without authorization." I guess Catholic Answers got authorization.

Catholic media is cheap, sappy, and lame.

That's why it sucks.
(06-25-2012, 05:38 PM)jonbhorton Wrote:

Because the staff of the Archdiocese don't work for the bishop, right?  He has no say in who works for him, right? 

Eye-roll

The pandering done to the clergy...  Eye-roll
Well I could see how a weak-willed, sheltered bishop could be deceived by his own staff, but I don't know which bishop this is so I shall refrain from judgement as a matter of prudence.