Legionaries of Christ
What do you think the Pope should do with the large majority of excellent priests in this order, should they change the name of the order and regroup or divide the priests amongst the dioceses who need priests or my idea, since their fluent and well trained in Latin , sent to the FSSP or ICK seminary to be this time indoctrinated in a good thing the Latin Mass and Tradition. What are your ideas?
I think the order should be left as it is.  It's very solid, from what I can tell.
I have a relative (real close) who is a Legionary of Christ in Mexico. (He's going to be ordained a deacon next year.)
He and the legionaries refer to the faithful that attend the TLM as "Lefebvrites". (Regardless).

We refer to them as the "millionaries" of Christ.

How far down the chain does the sickness of Maciel's influence decend ?  Then maybe make a decision .  I would contend though that it should be disbanded .
They have various problems regarding voluntarism, the quasi-jesuitic obedience, the thing with their work with upper classes, the cult of personality (some people still don't believe what Maciel did), and they share with other groups of Catholics the "obsession" to use world methods to appear attractive.
(06-29-2012, 01:34 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: We refer to them as the "millionaries" of Christ.

These Legionnaires truly know how to make money, that's for sure. 
Yes they seem to all part their hair in the same place  LOL

Millionaires of Christ  LOL
(06-29-2012, 01:34 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: I have a relative (real close) who is a Legionary of Christ in Mexico. (He's going to be ordained a deacon next year.)
He and the legionaries refer to the faithful that attend the TLM as "Lefebvrites". (Regardless).

Lefbvriiiiiiistas?
I think they should be asked to sign a doctrinal preamble and if they refuse show them the door.  That should do it.
Yes Dr. Bombay!! Rome knows the SSPX are the real deal that's why they use ever trick to try to undermine them.