Letter from ADL's Foxman to German Parliament

New York, NY, June 26, 2012 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today expressed strong support for the call by the Jewish community in Germany for parliament to quickly pass legislation specifically protecting circumcision as a religious practice following a court ruling that circumcising young boys is a crime that causes "grievous bodily harm."  The League noted that circumcision of newborn male infants is a "core religious rite of Judaism."
A regional court in Cologne ruled that the "fundamental right of the child to bodily integrity outweighed the fundamental rights of the parents."

Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, issued the following statement:
    Circumcision of newborn male children is a core religious rite of Judaism, practiced by Jews around the world.  The decision by a district court in Cologne, Germany, to deem non-medical circumcision a crime places an intolerable burden on the free exercise of religion by Jews and also by Muslims who practice male circumcision as part of their religious faith.
    We support the call by the Central Council of Jews in Germany for the German parliament to quickly pass legislation specifically protecting circumcision as a religious practice.  Germany's commitment to religious freedom requires nothing less.
    We hope and believe the German parliament will have the political will to do so.  Germany has dedicated itself to re-building Jewish life, and the consequences of a ban on circumcision would be a devastating blow to the future of the Jewish community.  While the ruling by the court in Cologne does not appear to have anti-Semitic intent, its effect is to say "Jews are not welcome."
Cry(

The Anti-Defamation League, founded in 1913, is the world's leading organization fighting anti-Semitism through programs and services that counteract hatred, prejudice and bigotry.
I was wondering....  Does the rabbi who performs the bris get payed for his service? Or, does he just receive the tip?  Sob Story
Interestingly, the Muslim community of Germany has come out strongly in favour of the Jews in this matter.
snip snip
(06-29-2012, 07:00 AM)Hawaii Five-0 Wrote: snip snip

LOL That's rich. I get it.
(06-29-2012, 04:08 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Interestingly, the Muslim community of Germany has come out strongly in favour of the Jews in this matter.

Because Muslims circumcise. It runs anywhere from 7 days after birth to around puberty depending on the tradition. Since the age period when it is performed would still generally be before the child could legally consent, this affects Muslims too. Ex-girlfriend's dad was snipped at 13 in Basra, Iraq. No anesthetic.  Shocked

In short, the muslims weren't supporting the Jews so much as supporting themselves which happens to favor the Jews.
Wow the Zionists have had the west ESPECIALLY Germany by the balls for so long I am surprised this happened.
(06-29-2012, 03:20 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: Wow the Zionists have had the west ESPECIALLY Germany by the balls for so long I am surprised this happened.

It was just a district court ruling. You can be sure it will be quickly overturned and that judge will probably disappear or at least lose any shot of a career. It says a lot that Foxman writes an Open Letter about a district court ruling halfway across the globe. They rain down hard, quickly.
Rabbi's get paid for making products you buy at your supermarket Kosher , check the k on your cereal box or other food's.
(06-29-2012, 12:49 PM)jonbhorton Wrote:
(06-29-2012, 04:08 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Interestingly, the Muslim community of Germany has come out strongly in favour of the Jews in this matter.

Because Muslims circumcise. It runs anywhere from 7 days after birth to around puberty depending on the tradition. Since the age period when it is performed would still generally be before the child could legally consent, this affects Muslims too. Ex-girlfriend's dad was snipped at 13 in Basra, Iraq. No anesthetic.  Shocked

In short, the muslims weren't supporting the Jews so much as supporting themselves which happens to favor the Jews.

I knew that. I was just surprised that they would come out publicly in favour of the Jews when the decision was not directed against them.