After a SSPX Deal
By what i've been reading it seems that a couple of the SSPX district superiors are vying for a Bishops crozier themselves . So in case the other 3 Bishops don't join Fellay, perhaps Rome will allow him to consecrate 2 others to replace them. Schmidberger would be one i'm sure, he seems ready for the deal, Perhaps Rostand also.
I wonder who owns the chapel's and seminaries if Fellay goes in without the other three.
(06-29-2012, 10:50 PM)salus Wrote: I wonder who owns the chapel's and seminaries if Fellay goes in without the other three.

Menzingen owns them, therefore Fellay.
(06-29-2012, 11:06 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote:
(06-29-2012, 10:50 PM)salus Wrote: I wonder who owns the chapel's and seminaries if Fellay goes in without the other three.

Menzingen owns them, therefore Fellay.

???

And the proof for this is? I think it more likely local groups of some sort or another, legal entities of course, own them, I doubt the general house legally owns all or even most of their property worldwide.
Bishop Fellay does.

Bishop Fellay doesn't own the chapels.  In many cases, though I could be mistaken, the parishes themselves own the chapels, unless they've received a loan from the SSPX headquarters to buy them. I think this is how the SSPX has lost chapels to the FSSP by votes of parish members. If the SSPX owned the chapels, that couldn't have happened.

There's probably a distinction between ownership and operator-ship, though. I think whoever it's able to legally call themselves the SSPX is certainly in the driver's seat for being able to at least operate the SSPX facilities.
I personally know Menzigen owns the three chapels in my state.
The Chapel of Our Lady of the Angels in Arcadia, CA., was willed to the SSPX by Msgr. Donohue upon his death.  I attended this mission Chapel until I moved to OKlahoma.  There wa bit of litigation on the isssue of the will but I won't get into that.