Cathedrals: museums, or living houses of prayer?
I agree that the Cathedral should set the example, but it's often not the case. In the Diocese of Arlington, the Cathedral offers Confession for just one hour a week. Luckily there are several parishes that offer it everyday (or at least 3 times a week).
We are in the true Dark Ages now. HK please make a video, to teach numbskulls like me that can't read music a basic way to chant the Office. Our voices each where ever we are can fill that void until they wake up.

tim
(07-07-2012, 06:58 PM)Tim Wrote: We are in the true Dark Ages now. HK please make a video, to teach numbskulls like me that can't read music a basic way to chant the Office. Our voices each where ever we are can fill that void until they wake up.

tim

One of my schola friends just showed me this link a few hours ago. It's supposed to help in learning Gregorian chant. http://www.ccwatershed.org/Gregorian/

A video for Sunday Vespers or something is a really good idea for a project, though. Thanks, Tim. I'll think about it.
CCWatershed is a good resource.  The guy who runs the site is the one who did the chant course (at least mine) at the Colloquium.  Maybe Tim could attend that next year?  Grin
Curt, I'm not very mobile, though I'd love anything like that. I stream a Low Mass from Sarasota most every day, and many of the servers are retired guys 65+, many times I wish I could be there and be a server.

tim
(07-07-2012, 09:40 PM)Tim Wrote: Curt, I'm not very mobile, though I'd love anything like that. I stream a Low Mass from Sarasota most every day, and many of the servers are retired guys 65+, many times I wish I could be there and be a server.

tim

You missed it.  I think it was four years ago the Colloquium was in Chicago.  Maybe it'll be there again someday.