I get NOTHING out of Mass on Sunday
(07-08-2012, 06:38 PM)paul11b Wrote: So my three year old son is a complete nightmare at Mass. He continuously talks, tries to run around, gets loud, and I spend all of my energy at Mass just trying to get him to calm down and be quiet. It's VERY frustrating and I can't pay any attention during Mass at all on Sunday. The only time that I can actually get something out of Mass is if I go to daily Mass by myself during the week. My question is this, is it ok if I go to Sunday Mass alone while my wife watches the kids, and then she go alone while I watch the kids? I kinda would feel bad about that though cause I feel like they are Catholics too, even though they are young, so they should be at Mass. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Talk to your pastor. Those with family to care for do not have to attend Mass.

Perhaps there is some psychology, with conditioning (most likely, accidentally rewarding children for bad behaviour), but if it is too difficult to manage at this age, it would be better to avoid having to deal with it until the child is old enough to understand what is expected.

Messages In This Thread
I get NOTHING out of Mass on Sunday - by paul11b - 07-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Re: I get NOTHING out of Mass on Sunday - by Historian - 07-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Re: I get NOTHING out of Mass on Sunday - by GGG - 08-07-2012, 08:55 PM