SSPX and the Liturgy
Does anybody know if the SSPX says the reformed Good Friday Prayer for the Jews? How about the FSSP and the ICK? Or do they all just ignore it because all the missals that are sold still have the old prayer in it still, right?
Since the prayer was in Latin , i'm sure the ADL types were more concerned  about that prayer getting into the vernacular Novus Ordo
SSPX does not use it. FSSP I think does. ICRSS might use pre-1955. It's been a long time, so I'm not sure.

In the Baronius missal I have there is an update card which has the revised prayer ordered by the Pope.
This year the ICRSS's Chicago Apostolate, which is their US headquarters, used Benedict XVI's revised prayer.
Since the prayer was changed, isn't the 1962 Missal now the 2007 Missal?
(07-10-2012, 12:43 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Since the prayer was changed, isn't the 1962 Missal now the 2007 Missal?

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is always a full, new, Editio Typica every time there is a change in the Missal, i.e. adding a saint or something.
(07-10-2012, 12:45 AM)MRose Wrote:
(07-10-2012, 12:43 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Since the prayer was changed, isn't the 1962 Missal now the 2007 Missal?

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is always a full, new, Editio Typica every time there is a change in the Missal, i.e. adding a saint or something.

Thanks.
No it would be too expensive to release another edition of the missal for every change.
(07-10-2012, 12:45 AM)MRose Wrote:

That's why the 62 is the 62. The 62 took on many changes and additions up to 69. But the 62 was the last typical edition. I don't imagine we'll see a new one any time soon. Don't want to spook anyone right now.