July 9-14, SSPX General Chapter 2012: News
(07-12-2012, 08:03 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 04:45 PM)Allan Wrote: They made that last sentence up :liar:

That last sentence was great.  "Discussions are being conducted in a fraternal atmosphere, marked by cordiality."  It just rolls off the tongue.  I think we should adopt it as the motto of Fish Eaters. :)

The last sentence of the communiqué really caught my attention, because the French text says the atmosphere was one "empreinte de franche cordialité."

In my experience, once a Frenchman employs the term "franc" (frank) to describe what he's going to say, whatever follows will be a LONG way from "cordial"!

To me the phrase "frank cordiality" sounds like an oxymoron — a figure of speech that combines two contradictory terms.

An SSPX-ymoron, perhaps? :)
You posted that on Rorate, Father.  :P

:LOL:
(07-12-2012, 09:50 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: You posted that on Rorate, Father.  :P

Hey, even Bach used to recycle his better tunes! :groucho:
(07-12-2012, 09:54 AM)FatherCekada Wrote:
(07-12-2012, 09:50 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: You posted that on Rorate, Father.  :P

Hey, even Bach used to recycle his better tunes! :groucho:

Makes it easier to learn the great master's work  :grin:
Rorate confirms "Now that the matter has unfortunately been leaked and made public in the usual forums in which leaked documents magically appear, Rorate is independently able to confirm that the exclusion of Bishop Richard Williamson as a member of the General Chapter of the Society of Saint Pius X (FSSPX / SSPX) was upheld by an overwhelming majority of the capitularies currently assembled in midterm General Chapter taking place in the International Seminary of Saint Pius X, in Écône (Valais), Switzerland"

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/

C.
(07-12-2012, 07:41 PM)Cetil Wrote: Rorate confirms "Now that the matter has unfortunately been leaked and made public in the usual forums in which leaked documents magically appear, Rorate is independently able to confirm that the exclusion of Bishop Richard Williamson as a member of the General Chapter of the Society of Saint Pius X (FSSPX / SSPX) was upheld by an overwhelming majority of the capitularies currently assembled in midterm General Chapter taking place in the International Seminary of Saint Pius X, in Écône (Valais), Switzerland"

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/

Disappointing...

...I suppose this doesn't bode well for +TdM's/+dG's faction.
(07-12-2012, 11:34 PM)tmw89 Wrote: Disappointing...

...I suppose this doesn't bode well for +TdM's/+dG's faction.

Don't believe everything you hear about "factions".  There's a fundamental dispute over policy.  Factionalism will threaten, but it isn't inevitable.