Obama defends HHS mandate: ‘not fair’ that Catholics won’t fund birth control
Is it unfair that my husband and I have to pay for our own dry cleaning?  After all, there are other companies where dry cleaning is included in the benefits.  How about gym membership?  Should all companies provide this for free just because some offices have gyms on site?

No, of course not.  People and companies should be free to decide what benefits they want to offer for the people who work for them.  And people need to make a choice about what company they wish to work for, based on that.  No one has a right to any particular benefit -- not even health insurance.
Here's a bit of irony, the Medicare Advantage program insurance offers free gym membership. That's providing you go to the ones which  they offer. I've long suspected this is a plot to "socialize" seniors. The very last thing I'd ever think of doing is moving and grooving to the bubble gum oldies of the seventies with other seniors. I'm thinking Medicare Advantage + AARP = commielike pioneer club.

tim
I think it's a good idea that a health insurance company would include gym membership. I actually wouldn't mind it if there was a weight limit given to the public and fines associated with exceeding that limit. Think of it as a personal trainer/nutritionist with you 24/7. That may help with genetic diseases as well.
Gyms are a rip off. $60 a month a 24 is not worth it.
Gyms are where gay guys meet up. Do manual labor, forget the gym. Only exceptions would be like Crossfit- which, ironically, just mimics a lot of manual labor.

(07-11-2012, 04:43 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: I think it's a good idea that a health insurance company would include gym membership. I actually wouldn't mind it if there was a weight limit given to the public and fines associated with exceeding that limit. Think of it as a personal trainer/nutritionist with you 24/7. That may help with genetic diseases as well.

You know what would make a huge difference in everyone's health? Stop putting poison in our foods. In most of the world, high fructose corn syrup is illegal. Lets also stop growing GMO frankenfood, and shooting our meat up with growth hormones and steroids. While a gym can be helpful in some instances, getting rid of poisoned food, allowed by the government, despite all the studies against it, is the answer.

(07-11-2012, 10:14 AM)verenaerin Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 10:00 AM)cgraye Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 09:05 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: They need to reject all Federal money.

It would seem that this is ideal, but is it actually possible to operate without it?

This is a biggie. By whoring themselves to the Feds, they now have to do what they are told. Same thing with Catholic Schools. What did they think would happen? The majority of Catholic hierarchy are  made of demonic, social engineering puppeteers, and idealistic, hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, idiots.

These rotten bishops have wanted government run health care for decades.  Decades, I say.  And now they've got it.  Pardon me if their protests sound like too little too late.

As the only REAL Batman, Michael Keaton, once said, "When you dance with the devil in the pale moonlight, you don't change the devil.  The devil changes you."

The USCCB has sown the wind and reaped the whirlwind.  Rejecting their wicked ways in toto and acting like shepherds again, instead of ravening wolves in wool, would make them men worth following.  Instead, we get mealy-mouthed protests and false bravado about standing up to a law that THEY THEMSELVES PLAYED A LARGE PART IN PASSING!!!!!!!  I hope that dance was worth it to the USCCB. 
(07-11-2012, 11:07 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 09:05 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: They need to reject all Federal money.

It would seem that this is ideal, but is it actually possible to operate without it?

This is a biggie. By whoring themselves to the Feds, they now have to do what they are told. Same thing with Catholic Schools. What did they think would happen? The majority of Catholic hierarchy are  made of demonic, social engineering puppeteers, and idealistic, hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, idiots.

As the only REAL Batman, Michael Keaton, once said, "When you dance with the devil in the pale moonlight, you don't change the devil.  The devil changes you."
The Joker (Jack Nicholson) said "Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"
(07-12-2012, 12:38 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 11:07 PM)DrBombay Wrote:

The Joker (Jack Nicholson) said "Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"

Indeed.  This was Batman's response, although he was talking to a girl in a later movie.

If not, they need to close down. A Catholic hospital should not compromise simply to function. As the saying goes, of you're not appreciated, it's time to get on. Catholic hospitals need to decide.