Can we please have another Crusade? Please!!!
I think I'd be overwhelmed with guilt after my first kill. Also, I'm pretty sure I'd land in prison as well. The world is a very different place. Not only would the crusaders be slaying muslims, heretics and whoever else that goes against the church but they'd also be going against the world military and local law enforcement.
(07-13-2012, 02:04 AM)Resurrexi Wrote:
(07-13-2012, 01:59 AM)Jamey77 Wrote: Imagine if Pope B16 called Catholics for a crusade how many would respond.

Maybe a few dozen half-deranged nerds coupled with some romantics who had read Ivanhoe one time too many?

Who would pay for their airfare to the middle east?

Most of these wackos are unemployable and don't have more than a few hundred bucks to their name.
We have our own Crusaders here in New Zealand...
[Image: Canterbury-Crusaders-Super-15-Rugby-2012.jpg]
Michael NZ, you wouldn't mind going to war with those boys on your side, solid units.
Sadly, a new Crusade isn't possible. Desirable, but not possible.

Back in the Medieval Era, the original Crusades succeeded only because the secular nobility cooperated enough to take Jerusalem. The defense of Palestine later fell apart when the secular nobility refused to cooperate, with too many nobles looking out for their own ends instead of a common goal. And there was also the lack of foresight in that the Crusaders should have pressed on to Mecca and severed Islam in two rather than allowing Asian Islam to remain in contact with North Africa. Not to mention we had a vital and strong Papacy, a vital and strong Traditional Faith, and thousands upon thousands of vital and strong Christians as a result. The manpower for a successful Crusade was already in place.

Today we have none of these things. Individual Catholics might be capable of mounting a good defense against Muslim radicals, but it takes far too much to stir most people to action these days. The Church is weak and doesn't understand its own mission, let alone has the nerve to dare offend a militant foe. The Church needs to be healed long before any thought of an actual, official Crusade can be entertained.

We have much praying to do :pray:
Civil war in individual European countries would be a start. That is, once the muslim population per country becomes the voting majority and enshines sharia

If they can fix it country by country, then worry about continents. But all the jihad wagers are protected by the declaration of human rights, so they can kill us, but we can't outright kill them.... they can be captured, appeal a ruling, claim insanity..... and hey, you would have to be partially insane to embrace Islam
Great thread.

:crazy:
(07-13-2012, 01:59 AM)Jamey77 Wrote: Imagine if Pope B16 called Catholics for a crusade how many would respond.

That wouldn't happen because Pope Benedict has a "deep" and "profound respect" for Islam, considers it to be a "great religion," and he "respects" the Qur'an, which he believes is "due to the holy book of a great religion."

His words, not mine.
(07-13-2012, 11:55 AM)SouthpawLink Wrote:

That wouldn't happen because Pope Benedict has a "deep" and "profound respect" for Islam, considers it to be a "great religion," and he "respects" the Qur'an, which he believes is "due to the holy book of a great religion."

His words, not mine.

Peter has spoken!

Now everyone shut up.
(07-13-2012, 10:22 AM)Varokhâr Wrote: Today we have none of these things. Individual Catholics might be capable of mounting a good defense against Muslim radicals, but it takes far too much to stir most people to action these days. The Church is weak and doesn't understand its own mission, let alone has the nerve to dare offend a militant foe. The Church needs to be healed long before any thought of an actual, official Crusade can be entertained.

We have much praying to do :pray:

Concurred. Given the church is so wounded, in a way we are all wounded at least there is much suffering we can offer up for things to turn around.
  :pray: