Favorite Friday Dinner Fish Dish
OK, Fish-eaters! There must be something else you can have for Friday dinner besides fish sticks. I live in the Pacific Northwest, so our favorite is salmon. I prefer it barbecued or grilled with a rub of smoked paprika, brown sugar, salt, onion powder, red pepper, black pepper, and thyme.

Any other ideas?

Let's take this fish-eating seriously!
Being a born-and-raised New Jerseyan, I prefer a simple take-out fish and chips platter from Chuck and Ed's on Indiana Avenue in Trenton, or from Pizza City on North Olden. Just battered cod and thick cut steak fries, and that indescribably wonderful deliciousness you can only get at a tavern or a hole-in-the-wall.

I do love salmon, though. I can eat that just about every day.
Gross.  I despise fish of all types.  The 6 days a year that the Church prohibits the consumption of meat are easily handled by copious amounts of Velveeta.  Q.E.D.
Clam linguine, calamari piccata or jumbo shrimp scampi.  Served with a fresh garden salad, baguettes and a cheap bottle of vino.

We're fortunate here in the Philippines because seafood is dirt cheap.  To give you an idea how cheap, live jumbo prawns run about $4 a pound, fresh Mahi Mahi fillet is $2 a pound and fresh Manila clams are 50 cents a pound.  It's a fish eaters paradise over here!

:eats:
Baked tilapia is really good.
(07-14-2012, 01:35 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Baked tilapia is really good.

It is not.  Tilapia is a particularly atrocious concoction, the culinary equivalent of the Chernobyl disaster:  there's just no way to make it right.

I was in a situation for awhile where these sweet Philippina nuns cooked my meals.  They could do amazing things with the institutional food they were forced to employ to keep us fed.  Tilapia, however, was an epic fail every time they tried it.  There's just no way to make that dreadful creature taste palatable.  Vile, simply vile.  My gut is bubbling just thinking about it.  Yuck.
Filipino food is love/hate, I guess. I love the food, but hate the added cholesterol.

Does Mahi Mahi pass the Doc's test?
(07-14-2012, 01:45 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Filipino food is love/hate, I guess. I love the food, but hate the added cholesterol.

Nohi nohi.  :rofl:
Actually, tonight I departed from the usual salmon, and had swordfish broiled with pesto and lemon.
(07-14-2012, 01:56 AM)DrBombay Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 01:45 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Filipino food is love/hate, I guess. I love the food, but hate the added cholesterol.

Nohi nohi.   :rofl:

Well Doc, I think the sweet Filipina nuns should've served you up a big plate of dilis.  The breakfast of champions. :O

[Image: dilis.jpg]