Favorite Friday Dinner Fish Dish
I like all fish except sole. Blegh.
(07-14-2012, 01:43 AM)DrBombay Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 01:35 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Baked tilapia is really good.

It is not.  Tilapia is a particularly atrocious concoction, the culinary equivalent of the Chernobyl disaster:  there's just no way to make it right.

My mom flours it and fries it, but she can make anything taste good.
(07-14-2012, 11:12 AM)Varokhâr Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 02:58 AM)Aragon Wrote: After Ash Wednesday Mass a few of us went to Mcdonalds. Mcdonald's fish burger...now that is penance.

I rather like those.  It's Burger King's that I am iffy about.

The BK Big Fish is way better.
(07-14-2012, 01:45 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Filipino food is love/hate, I guess. I love the food, but hate the added cholesterol.

Does Mahi Mahi pass the Doc's test?

I have a recipe for coconut-crusted baked mahi-mahi flavored with Thai red curry paste. I like to do fusion things with food.
(07-14-2012, 06:28 AM)Deidre Wrote: I hate all types of seafood. Eggs and cheese-toast for me. :) Or a fried-egg sandwich. Or some kind of potato dish. Latkes is my current favorite.  :grin:

Common sense prevails.  This whole topic is making me throw up in my mouth a little.  No, a lot. 
Tilapia is properly one of my preferred types of fish.  I like fried and breaded, however.    I enjoy smelt, too.  Or salmon, perch, catfish, trout...
I like to make a nice salad.  Diced tomato, cucumber, bell pepper,  and maybe some red onion.  Sliced hard boiled egg  and tuna on the side.  Use whatever dressing you like - ranch with bacon is nice or videlia onion. 
Tonight the fish dish of Friday evening was Seafood-only paella (no chorizo or chicken added).  :eats:
I always wondered since I like seafood and prefer many meatless dishes if it was ok to eat it Fridays. Now a brussel sprout sandwich would be some serious penance!
[quote='candyapple' pid='1054455' dateline='1344368396']
I always wondered since I like seafood and prefer many meatless dishes if it was ok to eat it Fridays. Now a brussel sprout sandwich would be some serious penance!
[/quote

That surely is a penance!  Nasty!!!

My favorite: Tuna steaks with rice pilaf, asparagus, and hollandaise sauce.  Yum!    N.B. I don't make this often - it is too rich to eat often.
(08-07-2012, 03:39 PM)candyapple Wrote: Now a brussel sprout sandwich would be some serious penance!

Since my heart attacks I eat fish about five nights a week, interspersed by the occasional baked pork chop or chicken breast. Last night it was cod and brussel sprouts. Delicious!
I'm allergic to fish, but I can have crustasians.  We usually have shrimp, or else something made of cheese like enchiladas or something.